Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton fans: We need more stability, we can’t keep changing managers, we need to pick a style of play and stick with it instead of always chopping and changing. We need an identity and a connection with fans.

Also Everton fans: Yes, let’s appoint a 67 year old who’s never stayed at a club more than 3 1/2 years, is notoriously volatile, chooses not to speak English, and is totally different in style to the last bloke.

Fits the bill

Tactically a master who will install a level of respect, responsibility and fight in these players.

It's tough love and it carves players who don't want to play for this shirt or club.

Hopefully he is announced quick and work starts now. We need to win and we only win if we attack so Bielsa is a good fit

Everton fans: We need more stability, we can’t keep changing managers, we need to pick a style of play and stick with it instead of always chopping and changing. We need an identity and a connection with fans.

Also Everton fans: Yes, let’s appoint a 67 year old who’s never stayed at a club more than 3 1/2 years, is notoriously volatile, chooses not to speak English, and is totally different in style to the last bloke.
This tho!!

Season 1 at Leeds: total implosion in the run in cost them promotion because the players were knackered
Season 2 at Leeds: lockdown happened before season 1 was repeated, long lockdown allowed the players to rest and then seal promotion
By season 4 the players were shattered and were heading for relegation

They don't run now so they'll be fresh

In fairness, I would be very happy if he came here. I very much doubt he will be willing to work with Kenwright or Moshiri however, and I won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back