Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he pays all his back room staff with that though, he did at Leeds.

Yeah, and he has a famously massive support team. I dunno what wages he's asking for personally, but that headline figure is only part of the story. I do know that despite him seemingly not being that motivated by money, he was on a huge wedge at Leeds.

Absolutely mental that our managerial shortlist is apparently 3 blokes that other teams decided to get rid of because they were taking them down. Not only will we give you a chance to finish the job lads, we’ll give you a pay rise for it aswell.

Who would be on your list?

The way this is being framed is incorrect. Usually these fees are shown usually just as the manager's salary, this isn't that. £1m a month which could involve 5-10 of him and his staff isn't really all that much. Lampard himself was probably on at £5m a year, never mind adding staff into the mix. I don't think that this is really all that shocking at all in terms of finances.

Reactions: Lob
Main concern with Biesla is his style runs his players into the ground rather quickly.

Great if its a short term deal until the end of the season - not so great if he's given a long term deal.

Who would be on your list?
As always, whoever I said would lead to replies of ‘he’d never come here/he had a bad season once in 2007/we can’t take a risk like that’ so it’s not really worth saying.

My take on it is generally that people who are quite literally employed to do these things and work in football for their whole lives should be able to come up with a shortlist that’s better than me and a couple of mates with a passing interest in football could, and yet it seems like we consistently fail to manage that.

I personally think he’s as close as you can get to a football genius.

“If football was played by robots, I’d never lose.”

Unfortunately, as with many geniuses, he’s quixotic, and we need a ruthless pragmatist rather than an idealist. Ancelotti was perfect for us, and it stings that we lost him.

I’d go for Dyche. He’d do what Moyes did for us last time. We need those few years of rebuilding under someone with his qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back