• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, Frank.

Burnley beat us under Sam with very similiar type goals.

Have a butchers at this, particularly their second goal....and telll me Sam’s team didn’t conceed shambolic goals from set plays like yesterday.

As promised the other day,in the event of defeat at Millwall, I have joined your team of Silva Outers......but I am not having owt Sam did held up as a reason for kicking the fellow.

Especially when Sam was no great guru at defending set pieces either.

Edited fir @BigBlueNose because I firgot to include tge Youtube clip :(

Ah. The game where Michael Keane almost broke down in tears and was absolutely abused by Barnes and Wood.

Was also the game when it dawned that Keane isn't good enough.

So no great surprise him being a key component in our lack of aggression when zonal marking.

Another Stubourn manager who is trying to fit players into a system that every other foreign manager uses. No leaders no drive from the management team, god the guy looks like a puppy having his first ever bath standing there on the touch line. Don’t think any player would run through brick walls for this morose man

Where are the parallels between the two?!? One is a former international defender who has been very loyal to the clubs he has managed and the other was a mediocre right back with a propensity for stabbing clubs in the back!
I don’t think the comparison was based on nationality, or playing career but on the way the 2 managers like their teams to play. Most of the quotes are from pre derby Everton and first 10 games at Watford. I’m not making the comparison myself by the way, just pointing to it as a reason we were so keen to appoint Silva.

Think he's got to start changing it up a bit now. Use the squad if there's still some fight.

Jagielka and Baines could've played yesterday.
Tosun has done enough IMO to start.
Gylfi needs shifting/replacing mid-way though games - provide some pace in that number 10 position when he's off form.
Davies needs to be brought in, let Gomes roam and be box to box.

There's enough to tweak because all he's doing if keeping the same approach that's not really working.

Didn't even know we play midweek. He's got his excuse sorted already that the players were tired

Hate absolutely hate managers who pass the blame on instead of just saying "ye I got it wrong well work on set peices because that wasn't good enough"

Think he's got to start changing it up a bit now. Use the squad if there's still some fight.

Gylfi needs shifting/replacing mid-way though games - provide some pace in that number 10 position when he's off form.

There's enough to tweak because all he's doing if keeping the same approach that's not really working.

Jagielka's injured. Digne has been pretty much our only consistent performer, why did he need to be dropped?

Tosun came on and did literally nowt until he scored. Well-taken goal but he touched the ball 6 times in total. He's not the answer but will start v Huddersfield.

Davies has been abysmal the last few times he played, why bring him in?

The main thing that needs tweaking, for now, has to be the system. At the moment it doesn't matter what players play the system doesn't work.

Didn't even know we play midweek. He's got his excuse sorted already that the players were tired

Hate absolutely hate managers who pass the blame on instead of just saying "ye I got it wrong well work on set peices because that wasn't good enough"

Has he actually passed the blame?

That side he picked yesterday was exactly the side I would have picked.

The players are getting away with murder again here and the snide gobshites need calling out on it.

He should have utterly slaughtered these players yesterday and told them they were playing for their futures.

I hate this idea that you can't publicly criticise players. Players love the adulation when they play well so why can't they take it when they humiliate the support?

This squad are a collection of overpaid, gutless, undesirables who bring nothing but shame on the club. I resent them and their money. They don't deserve it. They should be embarassed. I'd struggle to look in the mirror at myself if I was involved yesterday.

I hope they feel the full force of a dusgruntled Goodison over the next week.

He should have utterly slaughtered these players yesterday and told them they were playing for their futures.

I hate this idea that you can't publicly criticise players. Players love the adulation when they play well so why can't they take it when they humiliate the support?

This squad are a collection of overpaid, gutless, undesirables who bring nothing but shame on the club. I resent them and their money. They don't deserve it. They should be embarassed. I'd struggle to look in the mirror at myself if I was involved yesterday.

I hope they feel the full force of a dusgruntled Goodison over the next week.
I won’t cheer any of them on for the rest of the season. Despise a good majority of them.

Jagielka's injured. Digne has been pretty much our only consistent performer, why did he need to be dropped?

Tosun came on and did literally nowt until he scored. Well-taken goal but he touched the ball 6 times in total. He's not the answer but will start v Huddersfield.

Davies has been abysmal the last few times he played, why bring him in?

The main thing that needs tweaking, for now, has to be the system. At the moment it doesn't matter what players play the system doesn't work.

Baines played well in the last round. Nothing against Digne but it was his fouls that caused 2 goals if I remember right where as I think Baines is more clever to not be diving in.

As for Tosun...we need a focal point as a striker. There was no one who could've really scored his goal yesterday as we've been playing players who aren't strikers or not that type. Richarlison wonders for the ball, DCL isn't doing anything. At the start of the season Tosun was playing well and his output is on par with Walcott and Bernard. It just may add a little extra we don't have which is a finisher in the box.

Davies has came in for Gana so we missed what Gana brings. I just think his energy helps Gana out and would allow Gomes more freedom.

And I agree, its the system but we do have players that can help tweak it.

That side he picked yesterday was exactly the side I would have picked.

The players are getting away with murder again here and the snide gobshites need calling out on it.

Which is why I think he needs to change it up. He's played the same way with the same players (give or take swapping like for like). He benched Walcott for form, Tosun, Mina...why can't he do the same for others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back