• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it a lot but Everton are broken. From top to bottom.

We had a little glimpse of a chance when Moshiri started investing but they absolutely ballsed it up with the likes of Koeman and Walsh, Bolasie and Rooney and many many more.

I have no faith in this manager, and I have even less faith that should he be fired that they’d bring in the right type of manager we clearly need.

We are stuck in a vicious cycle where we can’t buy the players we so obviously need because of the mistakes of the past few seasons where our players on silly wages are immovable. Then in turn they look like they don’t give a [Poor language removed] because why would they?!

I don’t know the cure for Everton. I’m not even sure there is one.

As for Marco Silva. Didn’t want him. Still don’t. Just a glimmer of hope may change my stance, as of now I’m not seeing a thing. Just the same mistakes over and over. I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. However, if he can’t handle this situation, as it clearly seems right now, then he’s obviously in the wrong job. Again.

We have been getting targetted by the opposition in set pieces this entire season so of course that is the Managers fault. He should have resolved that problem after about the 3rd game in the season when it was clear it wasn't working but here we are 23 (well more when you add the cup games) games later and with a Manager in charge who will not change a single thing about his set ups and us being out fought, out managed and humiliated by struggling scummy championship fodder who simply did the same thing that every team has done the past 6 months.

Just not good enough by any sense of the imagination and we have gone backwards even though it didn't seem possible.

Exactly how I feel about Sam’s tenure. After his ‘because it’s Everton’ comments when asked why he accepted the job, I really hoped he would grasp the opportunity. After all, he managed to persuade some tremendous footballers to sign for Bolton, presumably for them to not play hoofball. Baffled as to why he just didn’t go for broke once he’d ensured we were safe.
He couldn’t because we didn’t have the players end of we would be in a much better position if we didn’t get rid and if he had been given time am sure the football would of changed

We had a little glimpse of a chance when Moshiri started investing but they absolutely ballsed it up with the likes of Koeman and Walsh, Bolasie and Rooney and many many more.

I have no faith in this manager, and I have even less faith that should he be fired that they’d bring in the right type of manager we clearly need.

We are stuck in a vicious cycle where we can’t buy the players we so obviously need because of the mistakes of the past few seasons where our players on silly wages are immovable. Then in turn they look like they don’t give a [Poor language removed] because why would they?!

As for Marco Silva. Didn’t want him. Still don’t. Just a glimmer of hope may change my stance, as of now I’m not seeing a thing. Just the same mistakes over and over. I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. However, if he can’t handle this situation, as it clearly seems right now, then he’s obviously in the wrong job. Again.
Mirrors my thoughts exactly. Great post.

Sam had Cuco and Williams at the back? Frank is right, we win that game yesterday under Sam and would certainly be higher in the league.

So I could counter that by saying Cuco and Ash were playing against Premier League strikers from a team which finished just outside the top six....in 7th place.

Mina/Zouma and Digne were playing against strikers from a struggling Championship team...and whom may, in fact, be plying their trade in League 1 next season.

Frank is not “right” on this occasion, Carlin.

:p

Got to be your longest ever post.

But agree with most of that like.

He won’t change a thing. Injury prone and he just isn’t that good.

He puts in a tackle as if his life depends on it. That's the point. You don't have to be good to win, you just need to have desire, hunger and strength of character. He's got that in buckets.

Reactions: Loz

We have been getting targetted by the opposition in set pieces this entire season so of course that is the Managers fault. He should have resolved that problem after about the 3rd game in the season when it was clear it wasn't working but here we are 23 (well more when you add the cup games) games later and with a Manager in charge who will not change a single thing about his set ups and us being out fought, out managed and humiliated by struggling scummy championship fodder who simply did the same thing that every team has done the past 6 months.

Just not good enough by any sense of the imagination and we have gone backwards even though it didn't seem possible.

Its a bit of both really. He's got a way he wants the defence set up and won't change that style (most managers are like this).

It'll either go one of two ways:
He'll get sacked on the back of it.
Or he'll get investment in the summer to bring in players that can play the way he wants.

Similar thing with Emery at Arsenal. I don't think they've kept a clean sheet all season and he's wants the defence to play it out from the back.

He won't change his style. He'll get rid of the players that cant play that way and buy player that can.

He puts in a tackle as if his life depends on it. That's the point. You don't have to be good to win, you just need to have desire, hunger and strength of character. He's got that in buckets.

He’s crap and seems to available for his national team.

When was his prime? Like what in 2014?

To suggest he is better than Gana and Gomes...no wonder some people love Martinez and 11th place.

No idea what this means. It isn’t the first time an Argentine and a Portuguese have had comparisons drawn in the football world.
Where are the parallels between the two?!? One is a former international defender who has been very loyal to the clubs he has managed and the other was a mediocre right back with a propensity for stabbing clubs in the back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back