• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not compare it to his second or third?

If Marco gets second or third seasons then go ahead.

Until then you can only compare the first.

@Nymzee has an opinion there - I actually don't agree but it's worth considering.

I'm not even a huge fan of Martinez like Davek is, however that first season was sensational really. There's no doubt about it. He got the fans buzzing again and the football was not only good, but effective too.

Martinez at his worst compares pretty similar to Silva now to be perfectly honest.

If Marco gets second or third seasons then go ahead.

Until then you can only compare the first.

@Nymzee has an opinion there - I actually don't agree but it's worth considering.

I'm not even a huge fan of Martinez like Davek is, however that first season was sensational really. There's no doubt about it. He got the fans buzzing again and the football was not only good, but effective too.

Martinez at his worst compares pretty similar to Silva now to be perfectly honest.

It’s not a general rule that managers hit a peak in their first season and then get massively worse as time goes on you know. If Silva takes us as far backwards from our starting point as Martinez did, then you can go right ahead and compare unfavourably with him.

Same Koeman, and let's be honest Sam really, managers usefully take a season or two before taking us backwards, Silva has managed to do it right away

He's shown the ability to set up against top teams in this league with three different teams and cause them problems / get results.

He needs the tools to do the job...most importantly he needs to be able to weed out the weak characters.

Can you name some of these "weak characters" for us please Dave.

kp8te.gif

He's shown the ability to set up against top teams in this league with three different teams and cause them problems / get results.

He needs the tools to do the job...most importantly he needs to be able to weed out the weak characters.
He's had much bigger tools to use here mush.

Pun very much intended.

He has shown nothing. As the table suggests. Have a look at form table home and away

Can you tell me where he has shown these talents in the Premier League?

How do you think he compares to Martinez? Genuine question
He's similar in that he's adventurous, but dissimilar in his character which is more downbeat and more cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.