• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think its sensible to give a manager time to implement the system he wants. The fact is we've had a lot of bad luck this season (as per usual). If the derby mistake hadn't of happened we'd be comfortably 7th I reckon. It just seems to have sucked any kind of confidence and conviction from our play. I also think we've been VERY wasteful with our finishing this season, which is nothing to do with Silva.

I want to see him get a proper striker in before I judge him. Not saying he's definitely gonna challenge the top 4 eventually but from how we played over October/November I think he deserves a chance, otherwise we will just be picking up a similar standard of manager and repeating the same mistakes.
I get the derby disaster affecting us... for a game or two..

The fact that he hasn't been able to get the squad morale back over such a prolonged period tells us alot about his own character. It takes a special type of person to work with and get even more out of elite players..

Unfortunately I don't think he 'has it'

I do have an element of sympathy for him. His and Brands' hands are well tied in terms of transfers in at the moment through the fault of their predecessors.

It's not easy to get these players to play how he wants, but that does make me think he should stop trying to force this style on players who just can't do it.
Plus the first thing he should be looking to do is tighten up the defence.. work on getting a clean sheet and try and go from there.

We are on a terrible run.. but seem to play exactly the same way every single game..

Plus the first thing he should be looking to do is tighten up the defence.. work on getting a clean sheet and try and go from there.

We are on a terrible run.. but seem to play exactly the same way every single game..
I don't think its the defence personally, not the organisation anyway. The midfield give them no cover whatsoever and I think some defenders are prone to small errors and lapses in concentration. But yeah something really needs changing.

I do have an element of sympathy for him. His and Brands' hands are well tied in terms of transfers in at the moment through the fault of their predecessors.

It's not easy to get these players to play how he wants, but that does make me think he should stop trying to force this style on players who just can't do it.
I'm not so sure about this, if we were 5th you can be sure there would be money there to add to the squad on the off chance we make 4th.
I think there is no money there because I think adding another player now won't improve the results unless the team is being organized properly, and there clearly not.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a top 4 squad with any manager, but in terms of financial reward no point spending 40m just to finish a few places higher

Look at the squad...

With the exception of this season's signings, we've consistently bought players from relegation fodder. Why is anyone surprised we are not a top 6 side?

Give Silva time. Another summer and we will probably see the last of these players.

I agree with that, but none of the players in this team were involved in those nervous, cowardly, weak days

The only people I would think would spread that kind of feeling are Jags, Baines and Coleman. Coleman I think is tougher than that, and so why is it that there would be a hangover now from Martinez? Definitely can see there being a hangover from Sam Allardyce and Koeman, but there too, it's only Gana, Keane, Walcott and the young ones left
It's the whole organisation mate, not just long standing players in the current squad. The whole club - its owners, its officers, its coaches at all levels, its players - fail to take responsibility for failures; to account for them and work consistently and tirelessly to eradicate them. If you put any head coach into that environment it will engulf them. We just dont have that right 'tough as teak' winning mentality at Everton...the kind of attitude that demands results. It's a cowardly organisation populated by free-loaders and second raters who are all too willing to crawl into their shell when the fury of the fans explodes and hope they can hang on after the fall out from the next managerial casualty settles.

I'm not so sure about this, if we were 5th you can be sure there would be money there to add to the squad on the off chance we make 4th.
I think there is no money there because I think adding another player now won't improve the results unless the team is being organized properly, and there clearly not.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a top 4 squad with any manager, but in terms of financial reward no point spending 40m just to finish a few places higher

We were never going to be 5th sadly. Before the window opened I thought the same as you. Not really worth paying money because we're not doing anything.

But more thought, and the words of the bosses, it's obvious our wage bill is miles too high and to keep adding to it is a very daft move.

Look at the squad...

With the exception of this season's signings, we've consistently bought players from relegation fodder. Why is anyone surprised we are not a top 6 side?

Give Silva time. Another summer and we will probably see the last of these players.
Thing is though some of those players have been doing the best, Keane and Siggy have been 2 of our best players this season, and aside from Anfield Pickford has been ok.
I can see the point you make, but that goes for managers as well, going for Watford rejects isnt going to get you top 6 either

It's the whole organisation mate, not just long standing players in the current squad. The whole club - its owners, its officers, its coaches at all levels, its players - fail to take responsibility for failures; to account for them and work consistently and tirelessly to eradicate them. If you put any head coach into that environment it will engulf them. We just dont have that right 'tough as teak' winning mentality at Everton...the kind of attitude that demands results. It's a cowardly organisation populated by free-loaders and second raters who are all too willing to crawl into their shell when the fury of the fans explodes and hope they can hang on after the fall out from the next managerial casualty settles.
Yes Dave. Yes.

Do you think he will turn us into top 4/6 challengers as per the requirement

If so what do you base this on??

Genuine question

Klopp came 8th in his first season. 8th in a 6 team league. Sacking Silva this season would be complete and utter stupidity. The only condition that should be entertained under is if he is looking likely to take us into relegation (as Koeman was looking like). I can’t see that happening this season so we should not be considering it.

Klopp came 8th in his first season. 8th in a 6 team league. Sacking Silva this season would be complete and utter stupidity. The only condition that should be entertained under is if he is looking likely to take us into relegation (as Koeman was looking like). I can’t see that happening this season so we should not be considering it.

I don't think they are to be honest. He's their man, and whether I agree with it or not, he's not going anywhere. Even a loss on Saturday and i don't think he would be.

Please just stop with the klopp shouts.

Totally irrelevant

Thing is though some of those players have been doing the best, Keane and Siggy have been 2 of our best players this season, and aside from Anfield Pickford has been ok.
I can see the point you make, but that goes for managers as well, going for Watford rejects isnt going to get you top 6 either
Insert not sure if serious gif here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back