Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no actual official confirmation that Everton are even looking to appoint Silva other than the media reports etc. They probably are but given the board restructuring, Allardyce removal tomorrow, Brands likely coming in soon after, the transfer window opening on Thursday and the world cup only a few weeks away, Everton might just decide its not worth it and go for someone else who is free with no hassle and can get in relatively quickly.

Then again, Watford's complaint might not even be a concern to Everton. Sounds like they have been in meetings and discussions with them for the past couple of months anyway. If the Premier League end up having to jump in and try and resolve it, i am fairly certain that the fact that they have had 8 managers in just four years and 11 over the last seven will go well and truly against them as it makes it very clear that they have little regard for their Managers anyway.

Not really bothered about Silva but Watford seriously can GTF.

If we do appoint him I hope the club fight them all the way - I dont want any [Poor language removed] footing or compo, they turned down numerous offers from us then sacked him after results went down hill. Absolutely impossible to prove that something under hand went on.

Its a minefield any club can sue another for putting bids in for players then said player starts underperforming.

Watford are trying to wriggle out of the £750K severance payment they owe Silva. Everton will probably have to make that go away for them.

No question now though: Silva is the new manager.

Looks like Silva. Seems mediation has broken down. It could be messy. If we walk away Silva could say we tapped him up. If we appoint Silva without compo to Watford we could be charged.

Obviously I don't understand employment law here, but if he was fired then they can't claim compensation surely?

If this were the case, the case would have been ongoing in the immediate aftermath of our attempt to get him in November.

Seems like it is just a classic case of corporate Richard swinging. They probably want us to settle their compensation dispute with Silva so it doesn't cost them anything and then will move on.

Not really, it’s just extremely tinpot of them

Silva would have turned us down and that would be that. The fact he never spurred us on and Watford couldn't handle it.

Not our fault and if the FA hit us with a penalty I would expect the club to take it to the highest level and start showing exhibits of cough Ross cough Van Dijk

Silva would have turned us down and that would be that. The fact he never spurred us on and Watford couldn't handle it.

Not our fault and if the FA hit us with a penalty I would expect the club to take it to the highest level and start showing exhibits of cough Ross cough Van Dijk
Yep, and apologies if this has already been mentioned, but what about when Sir Alex invited dithering Davey around to his house to tell him that he was going to be the next Many Utd manager and instructed him not to sign a new contract with us?

Moyes was very vocal on that and repeated the assertion on several occasions. Kenwright being Kenwright, he took it no further despite us having no money and the compensation fee no doubt coming in useful!

If we walk away Silva could say we tapped him up. If we appoint Silva without compo to Watford we could be charged.

We can only "tap" him up, if our representatives met him while he was under contract. But that would surely mean that Silva broke his own contract with Watford. Which means Silva gets no compo from Watford regardless. What benefit would Silva get by saying we tapped him up?

We will give you 100m if you please quieten down and also allow us to take Doucoure and Richarlison thank you.

Looks like Silva. Seems mediation has broken down. It could be messy. If we walk away Silva could say we tapped him up. If we appoint Silva without compo to Watford we could be charged.

The figures being spoken about make no sense when the man was sacked by the same organisation demanding such a high figure still. I cant see this dragging on for the second time in 6 months. It's not something Everton can afford, and Moshiri in particular. If he pulls the trigger on Allardyce tomorrow then the Silva appointment wont be far behind, or else he'll look like a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back