Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some surprising bedfellows going on here. Some who have argued against Moshiri's judgement, now backing his judgement on a manager. I find that a bit odd.

If it's Silva or even Fonseca, sure I'll back them. There's been some compelling arguments for both. Though I still haven't heard a decisive argument on why it should be one or the other. At any rate, it's better than Allardyce.

Problem is, I can't see a majority behind appointing Silva. If he hits a rough patch and looks like the knives are already drawn. I'd suggest, instead of rushing into this appointment because, transfer window, others may string us along etc...How about we do due diligence and get the right man for the job. If that's Silva so be it.

The premiership outside the top six is weak. Would it really matter if we took some time to get the right man. After all, Sam got 8th, which tells everybody, everything you need to know about the state of the competition around us.

However If Moshiri has already made his mind up back in November. Well I find that a wee bit inept. Considering the managers who are and will become available. Pragmatism and play the cards that are dealt. Is always a better strategy than Plan A.

Look at it this way, we've had Catterick, Kendall and Royle since the 70's who have delivered trophies. Indisputably champions and winners. (And by the way, I remember when Kendall was hired, we were no great shakes then. We were put down left, right and center. It was de rigueur then, like it is now.). Those managers had fortitude, conviction and a ruthless will to win that they hammered into their players. That's who I would look for in a manager.

If you can hold your hand up and say, Silva is the man, fair play. I respect that conviction. If he's gonna wilt though or turn his head, which he has done before. There's a question mark, right there.

It comes down to judgement, Moshiri needs to get this one right. Kenwright's failed, no bones about that. As a club we can't afford another 30 years in the wilderness.

...it really doesn’t matter what folk think now, fans have different opinions but all want what’s best for Everton. Whoever comes in will be backed if he brings success and will be hounded if he takes us backwards. The good days are dependent on a successful Manager/DoF partnership, they are clearly the most difficult appointments of all.

Dont understand the love in personally. I got the Koeman thing as he was a big name (in his playing time)
Not sure what the attraction is with Silva, Not a Klopp, a Pep, a Jose or even a fat waiter..just not sure why he wants him... I also dont understand why we as a club risk a compo hit for chasing him. Surely its Silva who deserves being sued...after all it was his head turned, his wish to leave and ultimately him who down tooled ....or as it was percieved.
Wtf have we done thats different to any other club wanting a new manager ??

...it really doesn’t matter what folk think now, fans have different opinions but all want what’s best for Everton. Whoever comes in will be backed if he brings success and will be hounded if he takes us backwards. The good days are dependent on a successful Manager/DoF partnership, they are clearly the most difficult appointments of all.

It's not an easy task for sure. But you know if you have the balls to buy a club, especially the stature of Everton, be prepared to be scrutinized and know what you're doing. Because we both know it's not just a business he's taken over here.

Supporters are invested in the club through generations, it's not a brand name or a franchise. The reality is, these are community institutions. Rooted into the fabric of the city. If poor decisions are made at boardroom level. Look at the what those lot did over the park with Hicks and Gillett.

We've had Bill running us and he's done a lot of good but ultimately failed. Moshiri can only dream of the capital that was afforded to him. There's only so much that can be tolerated. Sliding any further into mediocrity is unacceptable.

I genuinely can't believe you're going back in for him, he's complete and utter turd, the fact we may even get some money off you for him as well is the icing on the cake. If you do get him you're going to need a pretty solid back 4 that can lead and organise themselves as Silva and his coaching staff never cared for it at Watford.

It's not an easy task for sure. But you know if you have the balls to buy a club, especially the stature of Everton, be prepared to be scrutinized and know what you're doing. Because we both know it's not just a business he's taken over here.

Supporters are invested in the club through generations, it's not a brand name or a franchise. The reality is, these are community institutions. Rooted into the fabric of the city. If poor decisions are made at boardroom level. Look at the what those lot did over the park with Hicks and Gillett.

We've had Bill running us and he's done a lot of good but ultimately failed. Moshiri can only dream of the capital that was afforded to him. There's only so much that can be tolerated. Sliding any further into mediocrity is unacceptable.
Football club is a brand name. In these days of big money and globalisation football clubs are first of all brand name.

Watford can go an swivel on the nothingness that is them. They go through managers like its going out of fashion and then get upset when a bigger club came along for the manager. They should receive nothing from us. They sacked him.

In terms of the appointment itself I think everybody needs to get behind the fella and stop crying about it. He is a young manager who will still be learning and can improve. The shouts for Conte etc are pure fantasy. He will not be joining us if he leaves Chelsea.

Silva or Fonseca, both cut from the same cloth, both have a pragmatic side and will try to get the best out of what they have whilst trying to get to a longer term style with more expansive attacking football being provided.

I think with Brands in as DoF, then there is a clear sense of the type of football and management of that coming through now.

It may or may not be a success, but finally it seems in a long long time, Everton are regaining an identity that might not be knocked off track if a manager fails or players don't perform; that we are striding out with a defined strategy and if it fails, it won't be because we floundered and accepted the slow death of mediocrity, but because we went out to achieve great things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back