Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they complain doesn't mean they're right.

We offered money, we were rebuffed, we got Allardyce.

They sacked Silva on their own initiative, leave them to it.

Everton is not just a brand name, I can't speak for other clubs. But sure there is a narrative for that, to turn you into fans as opposed to supporters. And there is a difference between the two.

If you give up on allegiance, based on your generational history. Go for it. For me though, I don't give a rats ass if my father drinks Coke or Pepsi. But it does matter to me, what club he supports or my kids. No brand will ever get that from you. I don't confuse materialism with my heritage.
That's absolutely thru, but in terms of strong club,today you need wide fan base. And I mean world wide.

Everton is not just a brand name, I can't speak for other clubs. But sure there is a narrative for that, to turn you into fans as opposed to supporters. And there is a difference between the two.

If you give up on allegiance, based on your generational history. Go for it. For me though, I don't give a rats ass if my father drinks Coke or Pepsi. But it does matter to me, what club he supports or my kids. No brand will ever get that from you. I don't confuse materialism with my heritage.
Doesn't matter
You need 2 things to attract a decent manager
1) give him a high salary
2) give him a warchest to build a squad.

Both of which are here the likes of morinho or guardiola won't come but the batch of managers below that level will.

We made an approach in breach of PL rules, that's a fair cop and I don't blame Watford for having a go, certainly hope we would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. All that said, they churn managers quicker than we do so maybe Silva had that in mind when he decided he wanted out, who knows? Talk of £12m + compo is just plain daft though, I very much doubt we will fork out that much but if he is our man then some compromise will have to be reached.

Serious misgivings about this appointment though, mainly because our board have shown zero ability to do the right thing since bring in Ron and Walsh.

We made an approach in breach of PL rules, that's a fair cop and I don't blame Watford for having a go, certainly hope we would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. All that said, they churn managers quicker than we do so maybe Silva had that in mind when he decided he wanted out, who knows? Talk of £12m + compo is just plain daft though, I very much doubt we will fork out that much but if he is our man then some compromise will have to be reached.

Serious misgivings about this appointment though, mainly because our board have shown zero ability to do the right thing since bring in Ron and Walsh.

Good points but the other concern is that a long drawn out saga will impact the shorter transfer window plans this summer when we raid Watford ..haha

We made an approach last November for Silva. This was rebuffed a few times by Watford. We then hired Sam. Watford then sacked Silva towards end of January. They have not paid him since. We agreed with Watford that we would not appoint Silva this summer. Sam to be sacked today. All the paper talk is we will appoint Silva. Watford decide to make a complaint.

Watford want cash and what they owe Silva in compo cleared. They owe him approx 4m.

What happens if we don’t appoint Silva or have no intention of appointing him?

The way they are acting I would love we announced someone else today after sacking Sam.

It's all posturing from watford board. Solution will be we pay Silva what he is owed by watford. They claim a moral victory, we get our manager.

Or we just hire Fonseca instead and let Watford deal with their own mess
It is highly likely that we will appoint Silva. The fact that watford are bringing it up suggests they know we are talking to him again.

It is wishful thinking (not sure why) that we're going to get Fonseca.

Doesn't matter
You need 2 things to attract a decent manager
1) give him a high salary
2) give him a warchest to build a squad.

Both of which are here the likes of morinho or guardiola won't come but the batch of managers below that level will.

Evertonians will tell you they are born, we don't jump onto the Chelsea and City bandwagons. So yeah it does matter. You can't buy class mate and we have it in shedloads and history too.

Yeah it would be great if Moshiri offers those two things. Salary and a warchest. He's done that already, look as us now. He messed up once, let's hope he gets it right this time

Bottom line, I don't think anybody expects Mourinho or Pep to roll up at this stage. Emery should be a candidate though, right?. What matters is you support your club and want the best for it. That's why we're all here. And that's why we are all gonna pile in and have our say on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back