Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what worries me.
What worries me is the stagnation of this, my club.
Silva will not win the league and will not relegate us. I'm convinced that we will get a better style of play that will at least keep us reasonably happy. I even went to the Hull City games including their victory over the RS, something because I'm a Jonah , I haven't seen my own team do since 1978 no less. So I'm grateful at least for that.

The biggest difference for me with Silva is that I couldn't wait for last (yes, I can finally say it) season to over, now I cannot wait for the next to start! I missed a feeling of excitement about Everton.

Finishing 8th with him would be at least more entertaining than with the last two dinosaurs we had.

Lol he wanted to leave you to progress. That’s why your season derailed. We won’t pay you money as you sacked him. You sack managers every year... Your also forgetting at Everton he will have the money to buy who he wants pretty much.

We finished above you with FS and we will with MS enjoy your slow slide back to the championship.

Yes, he did, and fair play to him - who wouldn't want to progress? We use managers like no one's business to progress so no hard feelings. He's obviously got his eyes on a top tier European team and we were a stepping stone, as would be Everton.

Season derailed mainly because of injuries and ill-discipline, there was also huge concerns even during our good run under Silva at the beginning of the season.

As far as I'm aware, he's still under contract at Watford, he may have been removed from post but he's still very much being paid by the club (Unsure why this isn't being reported by the media, it's general knowledge) - there's also no break clause in his contract like previous managers so there will be some form of compensation.

Well, surely you'd expect to finish above us regardless of what was going on? We certainly expect it considering the size of our club and budget.

Hopefully you do appoint him as I'm confident in getting some points off you next season with him at the helm rather than some of the other managerial names being floated around for your club. Fingers crossed this is all cleared up soon so both clubs can crack on with pre-season without this lingering in the background.

Yes, he did, and fair play to him - who wouldn't want to progress? We use managers like no one's business to progress so no hard feelings. He's obviously got his eyes on a top tier European team and we were a stepping stone, as would be Everton.

Season derailed mainly because of injuries and ill-discipline, there was also huge concerns even during our good run under Silva at the beginning of the season.

As far as I'm aware, he's still under contract at Watford, he may have been removed from post but he's still very much being paid by the club (Unsure why this isn't being reported by the media, it's general knowledge) - there's also no break clause in his contract like previous managers so there will be some form of compensation.

Well, surely you'd expect to finish above us regardless of what was going on? We certainly expect it considering the size of our club and budget.

Hopefully you do appoint him as I'm confident in getting some points off you next season with him at the helm rather than some of the other managerial names being floated around for your club. Fingers crossed this is all cleared up soon so both clubs can crack on with pre-season without this lingering in the background.

How can he be under contract and be sacked? Thing Is we wanted to give you money for him you said no... then you sacked him and now we might want him you want money? Behave - doesn’t work that way. And it’s odd that if he’s our manager you think you will get points of us? I’m sure he will build a better team here than at Watford mate

What worries me is the stagnation of this, my club.
Silva will not win the league and will not relegate us. I'm convinced that we will get a better style of play that will at least keep us reasonably happy. I even went to the Hull City games including their victory over the RS, something because I'm a Jonah , I haven't seen my own team do since 1978 no less. So I'm grateful at least for that.

I hope he does well if we get him just he's done nothing at Hull or Watford that justify him being top of our shortlist, imo.

Hull got relegated and Watford just had a good run of games that put them in a respectable position.

You can make an argument that he almost kept Hull up and by rights they probably had no right to stay up but is that really good enough for what we need in our next manager?

Yes, Hull beat Liverpool but Watford also lost to us. You can pick out individual great results for most managers, they don't really mean much in the overall scheme of things.

You need to look at tangible progress overall. Getting Hull relegated and having a good run for a few weeks for Watford isn't really enough for me and his team's concede goals in the Premier League.

I do agree the style of football will improve but that'll only buy him so much time if he can't get results.

I think what we'll see in the short term is the dying embers of the Everton hoofball fan - the ones nurtured under Moyes who made it their life's aim to destabilise the Martinez management period - struggling to come to terms with the news that their attempt to turn back the clock to 19th century football is now officially in the bin and on the way to the landfill site never to return.

How can he be under contract and be sacked? Thing Is we wanted to give you money for him you said no... then you sacked him and now we might want him you want money? Behave - doesn’t work that way. And it’s odd that if he’s our manager you think you will get points of us? I’m sure he will build a better team here than at Watford mate

It shouldn't work like that, I agree, but it's whats happened, potentially something to do with his contract. I imagine more information will come out soon.

I doubt it mate, they woudnt let him come and sacked him and now we want him they want money? Na - doesn’t work that way they can’t have there cake and eat it

They have made a complaint months ago about an illegal approach. FA have asked for both clubs to mediate which we did in April and apparently assured Watford we would not be going after him this summer.

We will have to pay compensation if we employ him.

Silva will take the club down, if the club appoints him.

Based on what exactly?

Look at his trajectory at Hull, if he’d been there from the start of the season they’d easily have stayed up.

Watford were looking like potential Europa contenders until we got involved with him.

I see absolutely no reason to suggest he’ll take us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back