Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is highly likely that we will appoint Silva. The fact that watford are bringing it up suggests they know we are talking to him again.

It is wishful thinking (not sure why) that we're going to get Fonseca.

Or the media have run with it because we were interested. We have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes as not a lot actually gets leaked about Everton anymore.

I reckon the London factor mate, hence WHU.
Fonseca is whoring himself all over place much the same as De Boer was when we went for Koeman, spoon fed interest by the media/agents if we wanted him we would have him. We Don't.

So...Watford can refuse a payout and sack a manager then want that payout if we employ him? Could also report us to the FA and league?

Yet the RS can poach a defender illegally, admit it, and buy him months later without a hint or wrong doing?

Martinez 2.0

Hope so would love to have seen what Martinez would have done with the money Koeman wasted and he'd lost the confidence of the older heads in the dressing room so Jags, Baines etc would have been out the door, Lukaku maybe stayed another season, Barkley signed a new contract.

Whatever I bet it wouldn't have been as boring as the last few seasons.

I don't get this self-flagellation thing. "Oh he won't come here, because London"..."oh he won't come here cause we don't have champions league"...Oh he won't come here cause no one knows who we are" ad nauseam.

Listen, managers, like players and anybody else in any walk of life come for wages. Period. That's why people take crap jobs. Pay 'em enough and they will come. It has nothing to do with demographics. If you want to blame anybody, blame the board for hiring incompetents.

Koeman came because of the wages, presumably it's not a stretch of the imagination that, Silva, Fonseca et al will as well. Don't BS that we can't get people, because of who or where we are. The answer is, the board just don't want to hire them. So if you don't get your choice and it goes pear shaped, well you know who to blame.

I don't get this self-flagellation thing. "Oh he won't come here, because London"..."oh he won't come here cause we don't have champions league"...Oh he won't come here cause no one knows who we are" ad nauseam.

Listen, managers, like players and anybody else in any walk of life come for wages. Period. That's why people take crap jobs. Pay 'em enough and they will come. It has nothing to do with demographics. If you want to blame anybody, blame the board for hiring incompetents.

Koeman came because of the wages, presumably it's not a stretch of the imagination that, Silva, Fonseca et al will as well. Don't BS that we can't get people, because of who or where we are. The answer is, the board just don't want to hire them. So if you don't get your choice and it goes pear shaped, well you know who to blame.
It's not very common but it does happen. Remember Giroud's wife didn't want to leave London.

And we all love her don't we

The players maybe just were where they should have been in the league, maybe they were over-performing at the start, who knows. However having your head turned after 4months doesn't sit right with me, it's unprofessional.
Also unprofessional of us trying to approach a manager despite his club saying he's not leaving too... But if you can't beat 'em I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back