Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely can't believe you're going back in for him, he's complete and utter turd, the fact we may even get some money off you for him as well is the icing on the cake. If you do get him you're going to need a pretty solid back 4 that can lead and organise themselves as Silva and his coaching staff never cared for it at Watford.

Lol he wanted to leave you to progress. That’s why your season derailed. We won’t pay you money as you sacked him. You sack managers every year... Your also forgetting at Everton he will have the money to buy who he wants pretty much.

We finished above you with FS and we will with MS enjoy your slow slide back to the championship.

LOL at Watford. Tiny little tin pot club complaining when their manager wants to progress his career....pathetic.
Watford had every right to knock us back. Also the way of the world is that if a bigger shinier club comes along, get as much as you can and minimise the aggravation. Look at United and us, we got a decent fee for Lukaku and I believe we still have a decent relationship with united, same with City and Stones - it's just business. Play nice and when you want something back, no one holds any grudges.

We should at least enquire about Emery and the likes, as the saying goes, they can only say no. Not convinced on Silva and it's a terribly weak argument to blame Watfords demise on our approach. He was in charge it's still his fault, so either he wasn't that great or he was tremendously unprofessional after only being in the job 4 months.

Hopefully managers and players swerve Watford in the future as they have been outed as utter bunny boilers.

Football club is a brand name. In these days of big money and globalisation football clubs are first of all brand name.

Everton is not just a brand name, I can't speak for other clubs. But sure there is a narrative for that, to turn you into fans as opposed to supporters. And there is a difference between the two.

If you give up on allegiance, based on your generational history. Go for it. For me though, I don't give a rats ass if my father drinks Coke or Pepsi. But it does matter to me, what club he supports or my kids. No brand will ever get that from you. I don't confuse materialism with my heritage.

Lol he wanted to leave you to progress. That’s why your season derailed. We won’t pay you money as you sacked him. You sack managers every year... Your also forgetting at Everton he will have the money to buy who he wants pretty much.

We finished above you with FS and we will with MS enjoy your slow slide back to the championship.

Think we are in the wrong on this and will have to pay some form of compensation.

We should at least enquire about Emery and the likes, as the saying goes, they can only say no. Not convinced on Silva and it's a terribly weak argument to blame Watfords demise on our approach. He was in charge it's still his fault, so either he wasn't that great or he was tremendously unprofessional after only being in the job 4 months.
Maybe it was the Watford players that downed tools when they thought a manager they liked was going to leave? I can't see any advantage to Silva managing poorly when a bigger club is after him. And we all know how fickle players are when it comes to not trying, hell, we've had that for 4 years at least...

Basically, 2 sides to every story and none of us know what went on at Watford after our approach. Until he gets the chance to manage us, it'll all be anyone's guess as to how 'good' he is.

Plus, I've missed sharp suits and brown shoes so if give him a chance...

That would be a tricky lea

I would imagine emery has been sounded out at got a flat refusal. In fact the secretary probably laughed down the phone and refused to us through.

The Everton job for a “top scale” manager is a poisoned chalice. Realistically without £250m + investment we are likely to finish 7-8th whoever is in charge, and then the top scale manager finds themselves in sam allaryces catwgory of managers

Maybe it was the Watford players that downed tools when they thought a manager they liked was going to leave? I can't see any advantage to Silva managing poorly when a bigger club is after him. And we all know how fickle players are when it comes to not trying, hell, we've had that for 4 years at least...

Basically, 2 sides to every story and none of us know what went on at Watford after our approach. Until he gets the chance to manage us, it'll all be anyone's guess as to how 'good' he is.

Plus, I've missed sharp suits and brown shoes so if give him a chance...

The players maybe just were where they should have been in the league, maybe they were over-performing at the start, who knows. However having your head turned after 4months doesn't sit right with me, it's unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back