Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what we'll see in the short term is the dying embers of the Everton hoofball fan - the ones nurtured under Moyes who made it their life's aim to destabilise the Martinez management period - struggling to come to terms with the news that their attempt to turn back the clock to 19th century football is now officially in the bin and on the way to the landfill site never to return.

I'm all for that. But can he set a team up to defend? Otherwise it's not going to end well. Remember the School of Science was not only based on the Holy Trinity, there was a backbone behind them that gave them a foundation.

Well, playing football on the deck and using footballers comfortable with the ball at their feet to play football is the only way we'll get ourselves 70 odd points again.

We've had one manager out of the last four who tried to play football, the other three wouldn't get you 70 odd points if you gave them a 10 point start.

Agreed, but let's hope the next one we get knows how to get his players fit and teach them how to defend.

They have made a complaint months ago about an illegal approach. FA have asked for both clubs to mediate which we did in April and apparently assured Watford we would not be going after him this summer.

We will have to pay compensation if we employ him.

Wonder if we will or want another manager

I'm all for that. But can he set a team up to defend? Otherwise it's not going to end well. Remember the School of Science was not only based on the Holy Trinity, there was a backbone behind them that gave them a foundation.
We're way off the standard of that team and will be for years. It's unrealistic to believe we can get to that point. We do need an identity that is attractive again though. The last two seasons have seen us go from a team recognised for their ability to play good football to one who have everyone turning their televisions off when we're in a live match.

We need our credibility back. We need our identity back.

Silva is NOT the ideal manager. But he's a country mile better than that Dutch fraud and Allardyce.

Well, playing football on the deck and using footballers comfortable with the ball at their feet to play football is the only way we'll get ourselves 70 odd points again.

We've had one manager out of the last four who tried to play football, the other three wouldn't get you 70 odd points if you gave them a 10 point start.

As the great philosophers s club 7 once said...

Reach for the stars
Climb every mountain higher
Reach for the stars
Follow your heart's desire
Reach for the stars
And when that rainbow's shining over you
That's when your dreams will all come true

Lol he wanted to leave you to progress. That’s why your season derailed. We won’t pay you money as you sacked him. You sack managers every year... Your also forgetting at Everton he will have the money to buy who he wants pretty much.

We finished above you with FS and we will with MS enjoy your slow slide back to the championship.
Interesting.

First off, let me say that I come in peace as a Watford fan.

I too cannot get my head around how we have entered this complaint now after we have sacked him. However, all the stories in the media say the same - we complained to the PL at the time and they asked us and yourselves to sort it out between us and they would get involved if that wasn’t successful. It’s obviously come out now because that’s exactly what has happened.

I ask you this - if Everton did nothing wrong, and we have no evidence of anything, why did members of your board meet ours? Why have they made offers which we have rejected? I’m sure it’s not just out of the kindness of Mr Moshiri’s heart.

You say you won’t pay us. I bet you will. And I bet there’s a cursory statement apologising for ‘misunderstanding’ on your part whilst probably not accepting liability. But any payment will say different on that part.

It’s all got very messy and regrettable.

Finally, WFC go through managers like hot dinners. The fans over here aren’t exactly keen on that being something we are known for and hope it stops. But I’ve seen plenty of you saying that we don’t have a leg to stand on because of that - you have had as many managers as us since we have been in the PL. Your situation on that front is just as much of a mess as ours has been.

As the great philosophers s club 7 once said...

Reach for the stars
Climb every mountain higher
Reach for the stars
Follow your heart's desire
Reach for the stars
And when that rainbow's shining over you
That's when your dreams will all come true
Correct. We might be in the gutter now but at last we're looking at the stars again.

Silva is as good as it gets right now.

Interesting.

First off, let me say that I come in peace as a Watford fan.

I too cannot get my head around how we have entered this complaint now after we have sacked him. However, all the stories in the media say the same - we complained to the PL at the time and they asked us and yourselves to sort it out between us and they would get involved if that wasn’t successful. It’s obviously come out now because that’s exactly what has happened.

I ask you this - if Everton did nothing wrong, and we have no evidence of anything, why did members of your board meet ours? Why have they made offers which we have rejected? I’m sure it’s not just out of the kindness of Mr Moshiri’s heart.

You say you won’t pay us. I bet you will. And I bet there’s a cursory statement apologising for ‘misunderstanding’ on your part whilst probably not accepting liability. But any payment will say different on that part.

It’s all got very messy and regrettable.

Finally, WFC go through managers like hot dinners. The fans over here aren’t exactly keen on that being something we are known for and hope it stops. But I’ve seen plenty of you saying that we don’t have a leg to stand on because of that - you have had as many managers as us since we have been in the PL. Your situation on that front is just as much of a mess as ours has been.

If we’ve made a illegal approach then Yearh it’s compo but it’s silly I think as it’s not going to change a thing to either club. It’s history now and we both move forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back