Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're way off the standard of that team and will be for years. It's unrealistic to believe we can get to that point. We do need an identity that is attractive again though. The last two seasons have seen us go from a team recognised for their ability to play good football to one who have everyone turning their televisions off when we're in a live match.

We need our credibility back. We need our identity back.

Silva is NOT the ideal manager. But he's a country mile better than that Dutch fraud and Allardyce.

They are the yardstick and the 80's side as well, that's who we measure ourselves by.

Fair play to you though mate, he's been your man for awhile. And it looks like you called it back in November. If Martinez could have adopted a more pragmatic approach, I'd have backed you on that too. That Derby was abhorrent though.

As far as our credibility and identity goes, that's going to depend as much on Moshiri as it will on our manager. Let's hope he gets this one right.

I'm all for that. But can he set a team up to defend? Otherwise it's not going to end well. Remember the School of Science was not only based on the Holy Trinity, there was a backbone behind them that gave them a foundation.
Exactly. I was brought up on the great Catterick and Kendall sides, both of whom had rock solid defences. No side since then has had anywhere near the right combination and to think otherwise is a fantasy. I will cheerfully support a manager who bases his style on a strong defence and more fluid attack, but I have doubts the same as you regarding Silva(if it is he) doing the former

You're trying too hard now
Let's look at this logically. Silva has only had 6 months of premier league experience. Howe has brought Bournemouth up and kept them in the premier league for how many seasons? I think he's a good manager. Also, Howe keeps his teams together, theres an obvious split in the Everton locker room the teams just not together like it used to be under Moyes.

We should be aiming so much higher than this weak minded Portuguese charlatan.

At worst Sam would have got us 7th. This guy is just a dice roll in the dark.

As is Fonseca and any other foreign manager, bar probably Ancelotti and others out of our reach.

There are no certainties, you know that and I know that :)

If we want safe and prem experience, we should be sounding Benitez out, but I don't think due to his history with the neighbours would take the job, Pelligrini or an approach to wenger. Those 3 are the stand out safest candidates IMO.

I'm all for that. But can he set a team up to defend? Otherwise it's not going to end well. Remember the School of Science was not only based on the Holy Trinity, there was a backbone behind them that gave them a foundation.
He had a decent defensive record in Portugal and Greece, and the better the team her managed the better the results he achieved. Let's hope Everton provide him with that platform in the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back