Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be honest here, I feel like us being know as a team who play good football is a bit of a myth... sure we had the school of science however many decades ago but we played unattractive football for the majority of of 90’s, 00’s and this current decade with the exception of a couple of seasons under Martinez. Even under Koeman when we finished 7th we didn’t really play pretty football.

Don't mind question marks, I have a few of those myself. I guess I was looking for a period of relief from the continuous abuse which Allardyce attracted. I could be disappointed.

Good video to watch to get an idea of the type of play Silva developed in his last full season in charge anywhere.

Lots of fast breaks and clever set pieces.

I’m gonna be honest here, I feel like us being know as a team who play good football is a bit of a myth... sure we had the school of science however many decades ago but we played unattractivr football for the majority of of 90’s, 00’s and this current decade with the exception of a couple of seasons under Martinez. Even under Koeman when we finished 7th we didn’t really play pretty football.

We had some very nice periods under Moyes to be fair. The only problem was when we came up against the "big" clubs we reverted to type again. I think all of us would be happy with effective football more than anything else. High tempo stuff, the dogs of war was not traditionally attractive football but people got behind it because it was high tempo and effective. We didn't fear anybody then.

I’m gonna be honest here, I feel like us being know as a team who play good football is a bit of a myth... sure we had the school of science however many decades ago but we played unattractive football for the majority of of 90’s, 00’s and this current decade with the exception of a couple of seasons under Martinez. Even under Koeman when we finished 7th we didn’t really play pretty football.
I agree with you - i think the problem stems form the fact that although there are teams who play decent football and dont finish in the top 8, anything less than top 8 will in fact be seen as unacceptable to the fan base regardless of the style played. So its a bit of catch 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back