Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony on this message being posted 5 minutes before you sacked your manager, which brings the total managers you’ve gone through since we have been in the PL to exactly the same as us.

We go through managers. But you are proving just as bad.

haha you sacked the manager that got you up and kept you up, then you sacked the guy who consolidated your place in the prem,

we sacked three managers who were taking us backwards fast in terms of style/identity and league position

your owners just change their managers like they are a pair of underpants

It's better then almost keeping Hull up, least Howe has had a decent premier league season, Silva hasnt

any time he has left Bournemouth during his career its gone downhill fast for him, ruined his playing career leaving for pompey and nearly ruined his managerial career going to burnley, its like hes cursed to stay there, id steer clear haha, and I don't think he is going to be turning up trees to leave

Essentially watford just want to see moshiri pay his compensation they owe him for sacking him.
They must have seen moshiri has paid out close to 30m in compensation so far so what's a little bit more eh.

Exactly. I was brought up on the great Catterick and Kendall sides, both of whom had rock solid defences. No side since then has had anywhere near the right combination and to think otherwise is a fantasy. I will cheerfully support a manager who bases his style on a strong defence and more fluid attack, but I have doubts the same as you regarding Silva(if it is he) doing the former

Bang on the money there. It's not rocket science, people talk about the Premiership, like they re-invented football. Still the same game, maybe a wee bit quicker, softer for sure. Build from the back, get the spine in place, go from there. Hopefully that's the new managers philosophy.

Whatever they say, nothings changed. Rebranding a working mans sport that's all it is. The greatest players in our history would walk into this side and the best in the premiership. Without breaking a sweat.

As is Fonseca and any other foreign manager, bar probably Ancelotti and others out of our reach.

There are no certainties, you know that and I know that :)

If we want safe and prem experience, we should be sounding Benitez out, but I don't think due to his history with the neighbours would take the job, Pelligrini or an approach to wenger. Those 3 are the stand out safest candidates IMO.

Some European managers would still stand a better chance though, other teams have done ok.

Silva's had two jobs already in the Premiership and not lasted 6 months at either. One through relegation, the other though mentally falling to pieces because we enquired about him.
Hardly puts him top of the pile.

haha you sacked the manager that got you up and kept you up, then you sacked the guy who consolidated your place in the prem,

we sacked three managers who were taking us backwards fast in terms of style/identity and league position

your owners just change their managers like they are a pair of underpants
All your displaying here is a lack of understanding of the reasons why we let our managers go. Try harder.

And another one from his season at Sporting Lisbon.

Very similar goals, seems to like fast breaks out wide and pressing.

Only lost twice in the league with Sporting.

any time he has left Bournemouth during his career its gone downhill fast for him, ruined his playing career leaving for pompey and nearly ruined his managerial career going to burnley, its like hes cursed to stay there, id steer clear haha, and I don't think he is going to be turning up trees to leave
Also at the time Silva was sacked Watford were 10th in the league and Bournemouth were 12th, despite Watford having endured a terrible run in December & January. Had he stayed no-one knows were Watford would have finished, Bournemouth only had 3 points more than Watford by the end of the season. Also if people are questioning Silva's defensive qualities, Bournemouth only conceded 3 fewer goals than Watford across the season (admittedly Watford improved defensively after Silva's departure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back