Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

And another one from his season at Sporting Lisbon.

Very similar goals, seems to like fast breaks out wide and pressing.

Only lost twice in the league with Sporting.

Thing is, you or I could do largely the same thing. For the last five years, the same three clubs have finished in the top three in that league. It's not an achievement to do well in it really.

It's like a striker scoring 30 goals in Holland - sure, it indicates he's alright at that level, but it doesn't mean he's anything other than a total Afonso Alves in the Premier League.

For me, Silva is totally unproven, but I'm willing to take a chance on him to see what he can do. There's no real risk to it - I don't believe we are capable of getting relegated from this league next season regardless of who is in charge, so roll the dice with him.

The biggest problem with Silva for me isn't actually his potential ability for the job; it's the fact he's proven to jump ship at the drop of a hat, so there's no chance of consistency. But we had that same issue with Martinez and Koeman and until we start winning things we're going to have that problem with everyone we get.

All your displaying here is a lack of understanding of the reasons why we let our managers go. Try harder.

What we have here is a failure to communicate, it has nothing to do with understanding. You are a Watford supporter. Your irrelevance doesn't even register with my auto spell checker. It keeps saying Waterford, which is probably the only thing you have in your trophy cabinet. That is how anonymous you are as a club.

If we want to take your manager, whether we all agree or not on his hiring, we will, or your players for that matter. Because of our illustrious history we have earned that right. When your club earns the right to sit at the table of champions, you will too.

Thanks for joining us though and in between time, I recommend Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules of Life, paying particular attention to lobster hierarchy.

Just reading there that Bill and Harris met their Watford counterparts last month to resolve the Silva tapping up issue and told them that Silva will not be appointed Everton manager.

All your displaying here is a lack of understanding of the reasons why we let our managers go. Try harder.

Wept. *You're a nothing club and your owners have delusions of grandeur. Why did you sack the manager who got you promoted mate? Why did you sack a manager who led you to a decent mid-table finish mate?

Thing is, you or I could do largely the same thing. For the last five years, the same three clubs have finished in the top three in that league. It's not an achievement to do well in it really.

It's like a striker scoring 30 goals in Holland - sure, it indicates he's alright at that level, but it doesn't mean he's anything other than a total Afonso Alves in the Premier League.

For me, Silva is totally unproven, but I'm willing to take a chance on him to see what he can do. There's no real risk to it - I don't believe we are capable of getting relegated from this league next season regardless of who is in charge, so roll the dice with him.

The biggest problem with Silva for me isn't actually his potential ability for the job; it's the fact he's proven to jump ship at the drop of a hat, so there's no chance of consistency. But we had that same issue with Martinez and Koeman and until we start winning things we're going to have that problem with everyone we get.
I don't think it matters who the manager is tbh, we have to bring in some decent players for them use at the same time as getting rid of the dross within our squad.

I agree, I would say the same about Fonseca though and Silva's achievements bear favourable comparison with the addition of at least having PL experience. Emery would be a good shout, still a risk though as every manager appointment is, with or without PL experience. Also most managers records show a worse defensive record when managing smaller/poorer clubs (even Emery). The exceptions are those like Pep/Jose because they have never had to manage at that level. Case in point being Benitez, when he managed Liverpool and Chelsea in PL, his teams conceded roughly half as many goals as they scored 422/209 (cumulatively). At Newcastle this season they have conceded more than they scored 39/44. That's not because Benitez can't set up a defense surely?

What we have here is a failure to communicate, it has nothing to do with understanding. You are a Watford supporter. Your irrelevance doesn't even register with my auto spell checker. It keeps saying Waterford, which is probably the only thing you have in your trophy cabinet. That is how anonymous you are as a club.

If we want to take your manager, whether we all agree or not on his hiring, we will, or your players for that matter. Because of our illustrious history we have earned that right. When your club earns the right to sit at the table of champions, you will too.

Thanks for joining us though and in between time, I recommend Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules of Life, paying particular attention to lobster hierarchy.
I am not debating you taking our manager. Looks like it’s happening. But you have done it against the rules it seems. Why else are your board members meeting ours? Why would they make assurances you wouldn’t appoint him this summer? Because we have evidence of you breaking the rules, seems pretty clear to me. You aren’t doing it just to be polite. Whether you are a big club or not, rules still apply.

And I think we all know the two players you believe you could just ‘take’ from us. At various stages across this season they have been linked with all the top clubs in the country who we would undoubtedly do business with before you. You always stood a chance of getting Silva because of his ego and you having no competitors for him. If you think Richarlison or Doucoure dream of playing for Everton when clubs far bigger than you are interested, you’re being delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back