Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think wholesale changes are afoot now we are going to have a whole new team of technical directors and coaches.

this side have proven they are not up to competing with the top 4 / 6
Coaches yes but I can't see any more technical directors or the like coming in. This is now the Marcel Brands show based off of everything he had said about his demands for coming.

Yes, and I would imagine he’s made that perfectly clear to Moshiri. I just hope he doesn’t get Silva, although if he does I’ll back them both.

as much as I am anti - Silva I will wholeheartedly get behind the club and him if he comes.

I am just looking into his prem record and what he has actually achieved, and he is very middle of the road to say the least.

he has already shown us that he will down tools if he doesn't get his own way, like at Watford.

do we really want a mercenary in charge of our club?

for me, he just doesn't bring the right vibe

someone who is out for himself, more than here for the club.

You may be right. The more this afternoon unfolds though, I am convinced that if Silva does pitch up, it will have been signed off by Brands.

Chances are they may well have been having cosy natters over a coffee re players and that for a while.
He's hardly going to rock the boat before the ink has dried.

If Mosh has already named Silva the successor, which based off of everything going on right now appears to be the case, I can't see Brands disagreeing with that.

Let's face it he is going to have his hands full trying to shift the utter crap we have in our squad.

I just can't see the Brands move affecting the Silva one as it seems quite far down the line according to what we're hearing.

After Bloodthirsty Denise's comments today, I'm not quite as sure that this is as clear cut on Silva as Andy Hunter is saying.

Why say that she and the new DoF will pick the manager if, in fact, it's the owner / Farhad (who very clearly made the Allardyce appointment) who has already picked the boss?

Can see this rumbling on a bit.

If Mosh has already named Silva the successor, which based off of everything going on right now appears to be the case, I can't see Brands disagreeing with that.

Let's face it he is going to have his hands full trying to shift the utter crap we have in our squad.

I just can't see the Brands move affecting the Silva one as it seems quite far down the line according to what we're hearing.
I’m not sure Jake, I think either Brands has approved Silva or we’ll get someone else.
I can’t see Brands agreeing to join if he doesn’t rate Silva or he has his own guy in the pipeline.

After Bloodthirsty Denise's comments today, I'm not quite as sure that this is as clear cut on Silva as Andy Hunter is saying.

Why say that she and the new DoF will pick the manager if, in fact, it's the owner / Farhad (who very clearly made the Allardyce appointment) who has already picked the boss?

It's likely that this was discussed ages ago with Brands approving Silva. However, for appearance's sake they are pretending to be doing it now rather than when Brands was an employee of PSV, out of respect for his former club. He is classy like that.

I’m not sure Jake, I think either Brands has approved Silva or we’ll get someone else.
I can’t see Brands agreeing to join if he doesn’t rate Silva or he has his own guy in the pipeline.

Yep, that's what I think too.

He is happy to work with Silva: Excellent, they've had loads of time to prepare and evaluate the squad as this has basically been sorted for months.

He hasn't picked Silva: Not sure he would be anyone's first choice.

the new heirachy at the club Brands/DBB will hopefully have talked some sense into Moshiri.

we are in a much different place now, since October.

we have seen the real Silva in action, the spoiled kid , shrugging his shoulders to Watford and giving up.

that alone should put the red pen thro his name.

Just hire him. Bollocks to the Watford board. They'll be panicking in case some other club signs him up and they get no compo whatsoever.
Not so easy Dave. These people will have the full backing of the EPL who will have the power to deduct points and / or fine us.

Just the threat of that would make us walk away.

Not a chance he is coming if he doesnt rate the new manager.

It's likely that this was discussed ages ago with Brands approving Silva. However, for appearance's sake they are pretending to be doing it now rather than when Brands was an employee of PSV, out of respect for his former club. He is classy like that.

I do get that a bit, but, I'm not 100% convinced on it. All seems a bit pointless if that's the case.

as much as I am anti - Silva I will wholeheartedly get behind the club and him if he comes.

I am just looking into his prem record and what he has actually achieved, and he is very middle of the road to say the least.

he has already shown us that he will down tools if he doesn't get his own way, like at Watford.

do we really want a mercenary in charge of our club?

for me, he just doesn't bring the right vibe

someone who is out for himself, more than here for the club.
1/4 on skybet mush..

Bloody short price that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back