Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something.

If we hire Silva, we have to pay Watford money, and/or the PL can deduct points?

How come? They sacked him. Not us.
There will have been conditions in place as to what the terms are for him to be able take up another role in the event of dismissal.

Further, we do not know exactly what was agreed between Everton, The EPL and Watford after our tapping up of Silva last season. By all accounts Kenwright promised Watford that Everton would not appoint Silva in the summer as well.

Nobody here should be scared of watford. I mean we didn't receive any fines whatsoever when moshiri and usmanovs sketchy dealings were exposed with concrete evidence. At most we'll just throw a couple million their way just to speed up the process and avoid these bitters trying to delay our off-season with court appearances.

I must have missed something.

If we hire Silva, we have to pay Watford money, and/or the PL can deduct points?

How come? They sacked him. Not us.

they are saying until we came along everything was sound, but after we 'tapped him up' he lost intrest and basically gave up on them.. ending in his sacking.

they are saying if we hadn't of offered him a deal then this wouldn't have happended, so we are to blame.

hence why if he rolls up here, we will be done for the initial tapping up of him.

this alone should be enough to put us off.

Nobody here should be scared of watford. I mean we didn't receive any fines whatsoever when moshiri and usmanovs sketchy dealings were exposed with concrete evidence. At most we'll just throw a couple million their way just to speed up the process and avoid these bitters trying to delay our off-season with court appearances.
What shady dealings were they mate and what concrete evidence. Seems like a dig at our saviours, and a dig at Watford, very uneverton like.

I don't want him either, not because he's a tit, I just don't rate him as highly as even Sam Allardyce.

If Silva was appointed i'd expect him to be sacked after a poor start due to him having less managerial ability to get results out of a poor squad than Allardyce did

Agree on this, we need to go long term, 4 out of his last 5 teams have been a year, that says a lot about him, you dont get a five year plan when you start with a manager who has been at 5 clubs in the last 5 seasons.

they are saying until we came along everything was sound, but after we 'tapped him up' he lost intrest and basically gave up on them.. ending in his sacking.

they are saying if we hadn't of offered him a deal then this wouldn't have happended, so we are to blame.

hence why if he rolls up here, we will be done for the initial tapping up of him.

100% correct. Forget about the clown and move on.

Its hilariously childish by Watford I hope we take them all the way as any non corrupt organisation would laugh them out of the room.

Had Silva resigned then they definitely had a case but sacking him 2 months later - how can it be proven that Silva downed tools? Maybe the players did or maybe he was coming out of a purple patch of form etc.

Any court of law that isnt full of kopites would throw this out just a shame the FA has no sense and only care for the top 6.

Its hilariously childish by Watford I hope we take them all the way as any non corrupt organisation would laugh them out of the room.

Had Silva resigned then they definitely had a case but sacking him 2 months later - how can it be proven that Silva downed tools? Maybe the players did or maybe he was coming out of a purple patch of form etc.

Any court of law that isnt full of kopites would throw this out just a shame the FA has no sense and only care for the top 6.
We just don’t know what the EPL Watford and Everton agreed at the time. If we said we wouldn’t go back as has been reported then SOS David Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back