Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do get that a bit, but, I'm not 100% convinced on it. All seems a bit pointless if that's the case.

It's not pointless if you are Brands, who doesn't want to sour his great relationship with his former club. It isn't a problem for us to be seen to be doing this now rather than when he was their employee and allows Marcel to show his respect to PSV.

Not so easy Dave. These people will have the full backing of the EPL who will have the power to deduct points and / or fine us.

Just the threat of that would make us walk away.

I must have missed something.

If we hire Silva, we have to pay Watford money, and/or the PL can deduct points?

How come? They sacked him. Not us.

Not a chance he is coming if he doesnt rate the new manager.

how do we know that part of him coming was that he alone get to chose his new head coach ??

I think someone who has been in the role of DOF for over 13 years and who is used to making these decisions, would not bend and have an owners choice of manager forced apon him to be honest.

I honestly think it will be someone not even mentioned in the media before now

It's likely that this was discussed ages ago with Brands approving Silva. However, for appearance's sake they are pretending to be doing it now rather than when Brands was an employee of PSV, out of respect for his former club. He is classy like that.
This is my bet.

I'm not having it that they've been sat twiddling their thumbs waiting to sack Sam and have Brands announced and settled in before making any moves.

It's not pointless if you are Brands, who doesn't want to sour his great relationship with his former club. It isn't a problem for us to be seen to be doing this now rather than when he was their employee and allows Marcel to show his respect to PSV.

But he sort of already has? Great leaving message, leaves with their good wishes etc etc. Because of our Slaughterhouse CEO's latest missive, he's going to have the next managerial appointment on his record.

I'm not sure. Does look like being Silva, but I'm not convinced there's any real value in a long-winded 'let's pretend for 10 days' scenario.

how do we know that part of him coming was that he alone get to chose his new head coach ??

I think someone who has been in the role of DOF for over 13 years and who is used to making these decisions, would not bend and have an owners choice of manager forced apon him to be honest.

Wouldnt surprise me.

The only plus I can see with silva is that he’s had plenty of opportunity to watch us since his sacking and evaluate what we need. With the window closing before the season starts in August, I’m expecting us to move quickly in us obtaining our targets.

Welcome Diego.

I get that, and if that’s the case then I think Brands must have approved it.
If Brands has approved it then great, I’m not a fan of Silva but Brands knows more about these things than me.
Win win I think.

Exactly. The key appointment for the future direction of the club got made today. The new Head Coach can come and go.

But he sort of already has? Great leaving message, leaves with their good wishes etc etc. Because of our Slaughterhouse CEO's latest missive, he's going to have the next managerial appointment on his record.

I'm not sure. Does look like being Silva, but I'm not convinced there's any real value in a long-winded 'let's pretend for 10 days' scenario.

zero point of that. and it just hurts our own transfer window needlessly dragging it out.

either appoint silva ASAP.. or hire his own man in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back