Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.

We beat Arsenal and Liverpool under him in the first 6 matches next season. An Arsenal managed by Arteta maybe.

6 weeks later, Arsenal are 12th.

Arsenal call Everton.

Silva wets his pants.

He has form for it mate.

Oh, I went over this hypothetical last night. I'm not worried.

You're offering prime vault material here Frank.

Rethink your position, have a few deep breathes and return to being normal please and thank you.

if we hire silva we will be chasing allardyce again come Christmas.

you are giving ME the vault material here.

make of that what you will

To be honest I have trouble getting passed the 80 goals conceded in 42 games. It strikes me that he’s been found out tactically at a higher level and doesn’t know how to cope with the defensive side of the game. On the radio Mersey phone in before there was a Watford guy giving his view of Silva and he just sounded very similar to Martinez defensively.
I would much rather a manager that has score 82 and conceded 42 ...

Oh, I went over this hypothetical last night. I'm not worried.

Fair enough mate.

Lets face it, every appointment carries a degree of risk. This Fonseca fella may well end up as a donkey.

Pretty happy that Brands, (I assume) will have had a say in who ever we end up with.

Have faith. The new manager will not be chosen by Moshiri, or Bill, it will be by Brands backed by Denise (!). We have up to 2 weeks to wait. It can hardly be Silva because he is unemployed and could be named within days. Or it might be Silva after they have exhausted other possibilities. I can wait, just get it right.

Fair enough mate.

Lets face it, every appointment carries a degree of risk. This Fonseca fella may well end up as a donkey.

Pretty happy that Brands, (I assume) will have had a say in who ever we end up with.

Exactly. There are a handful of sure things in football management and guess what - they're all employed and way out of our galaxy anyway.

We are firmly in the 'lets hope we get lucky bracket' and we must accept that until we show progress to oppose that.

Exactly. There are a handful of sure things in football management and guess what - they're all employed and way out of our galaxy anyway.

We are firmly in the 'lets hope we get lucky bracket' and we must accept that until we show progress to oppose that.

Well, to be fair, we did sack a "sure thing" earlier today.

Thank god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back