Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva has a good CV.Hull going down wasn't all his fault.But the way he was willing dump Watford, after barely arriving there, shows that he doesn't do loyalty.He has a decent CV in europe.He took Estoril into the top flight in Portugal, and then they did very well there, qualifying for europe.He won the portuguese cup with Sporting Lisbon, and he won the greek league title with Olympiacos.

He is a good manager overall, but we can do better i think.Still though if Silva is the man, then hopefully he will get this football club moving in the right direction again.Getting rid of some of the spineless cowards in our playing squad, would be a good start for whoever the new manager is.

what makes you think he is a good manager. he has had more than enough time to create a decent premier league record but has failed miserably.

Watford were never going to be relegation fodder, they have been stable in the prem for about 5 years now

this announcement saying brands and DBB will have 10 days to 2 weeks, kind of ties in with the 11 days Silva has got to sort his Watford situation out..

almost like IF Silva is done, we cant announce him for at least 11 days either way to stop any contract mess.

I'm hoping this is just a coincidence, and that brands and DBB will have their own choices to look into

Dont think its a coincidence at all.

I share your concerns about Silva. But maybe this Brands bloke knows more than me.

Dont think its a coincidence at all.

I share your concerns about Silva. But maybe this Brands bloke knows more than me.

Brands might insist on building from the back. which in turn will make Silva more defensive minded.

maybe the two together might come up with a winning formula.

if he comes I will get behind him, but I do fear the worst if he continues in his old style of play. it just doesn't work in this league.

if your conceding 2 on average per game then you HAVE to score at least 3 don't you, bit like City

This bloke (if he comes) is on a hiding to nothing - if we are to hold him to account in the way the last 3 managers have been, hes going to have to finish in the Europa spots playing a very attractive game to earn a second season.

He hasn't a prayer.

Silva has a good CV.Hull going down wasn't all his fault.But the way he was willing dump Watford, after barely arriving there, shows that he doesn't do loyalty.He has a decent CV in europe.He took Estoril into the top flight in Portugal, and then they did very well there, qualifying for europe.He won the portuguese cup with Sporting Lisbon, and he won the greek league title with Olympiacos.

He is a good manager overall, but we can do better i think.Still though if Silva is the man, then hopefully he will get this football club moving in the right direction again.Getting rid of some of the spineless cowards in our playing squad, would be a good start for whoever the new manager is.
Aye, the loyalty issue worries me a bit too - I know Watford aren’t exactly loyal themselves and so he was probably trying to jump before he was pushed at the end of the season but don’t think it an entirely professional way to behave.

Could also argue Fonesca could completely bomb ala De Boer mate.

After this season I dont want us gambling on an all or nothing, thats why for me we need to look at the likes of Emery.

Simeone also lets not forget his agent had contacted us - maybe if he wins the EL this season he might want a new challenge- would love him he epitomises EFC
Could well happen with Fonseca which is why I’d go for Emery first choice. However I’d rather take a punt on Fonseca who maybe a success rather than Silva who we know hasn’t been a success in Premier League.

I feel more confident on Silva working with Brands then Walsh, pretty sure a Silva/Walsh dream team would have us around the relegation zone, however Brands/Silva im more confident of a safe 10/12th place finish

Aye, the loyalty issue worries me a bit too - I know Watford aren’t exactly loyal themselves and so he was probably trying to jump before he was pushed at the end of the season but don’t think it an entirely professional way to behave.

Thing is, for him to get sought after like we did to him at Watford he’d have to do very very good things with us to get it, ive no issue with it. Watford to Everton is a big step up - however, like i say, he’ll have to get us top four/trophy to have the next step come for him IMO and if thats the case he’d leave us in a better position than he joined.

Just look at the Watford and Hull squad he managed while still getting decent results, He would be getting a better squad at Everton WITH Brands at his side to go even better.

He made Niasse and Cleverely into useful players, Both which we have experienced were utter garbage at Everton yet he found something. People are acting like he has no pro's about him and it's just cons cons cons.

Thing is, for him to get sought after like we did to him at Watford he’d have to do very very good things with us to get it, ive no issue with it. Watford to Everton is a big step up - however, like i say, he’ll have to get us top four/trophy to have the next step come for him IMO and if thats the case he’d leave us in a better position than he joined.
You are probably right that it is unlikely to be a thing that hurts us even if the circumstances occur where he can jump ship for a bigger role. Was more a broader character point that if you are willing to be unprofessional in one aspect of your job there might be others as well...both Koeman and Allardyce are two other managers who I’d expect to do the same thing in the same circumstances so I’m probably overly wary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back