Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get this hard on we seem to have for Silva. The way his head was so easily turned at Watford, the win % rate, etc. Doesn’t make me feel good. I’m no gonna get on his case or anything if he does sign but we seem to have an irritating habit recently of wanting a player, manager or whatever and then just constantly pursuing them even when they’re not interested (Yarmolenko, etc), cost too much (Sigurdsson) or don’t seem good enough to warrant it (Silva).

But they still had a stadium chocked full of their own fans soooo is it reallly that much worse? Spurs showed eventually it doesn't matter.
they had an average of 7000 home fans in 2017

yet their highest attendance was against Roma in champions league at home, over 35,000

so they are 22,000 fans down every home game.

it like us playing infront of 7,000 at goodison

I don’t get this hard on we seem to have for Silva. The way his head was so easily turned at Watford, the win % rate, etc. Doesn’t make me feel good. I’m no gonna get on his case or anything if he does sign but we seem to have an irritating habit recently of wanting a player, manager or whatever and then just constantly pursuing them even when they’re not interested (Yarmolenko, etc), cost too much (Sigurdsson) or don’t seem good enough to warrant it (Silva).
We have no such thing - our owner is the only one who does.

I'm sure there would have been a couple of surprise wins out of the 13 he has managed to attain out of the 42 premier league games hes played.

add the draws onto that and that is PL safety and from 2 teams that are expected to fight relegation regardless who manages them.
Difficult to judge managers with limited resources to managers that can spend £40m + on anyone they want.
Half of us could manage Man City currently without much detriment. The hard work is building a team with limited resources and that usual means time has to be given as with the likes of Dyche and Howe. Any manager we bring in is a gamble now because they need to hit the floor running or they will not be given the time. I don't like to admit it but Benitez I feel is a decent manager who has won Champions league and Europa Cup and generally does OK wherever he goes but Newcastle finished below us so in theory or the thinking on here that automatically makes him a bad manager. Everything is a gamble when you need someone to build a team without time.

I remain to doubt, or hope, that he does.

But if Brand has Ok'd him, well, lets see.

this announcement saying brands and DBB will have 10 days to 2 weeks, kind of ties in with the 11 days Silva has got to sort his Watford situation out..

almost like IF Silva is done, we cant announce him for at least 11 days either way to stop any contract mess.

I'm hoping this is just a coincidence, and that brands and DBB will have their own choices to look into

Silva and Fonesca have little difference.

Its either an ambitious move for someone like Emery, Blanc or Benitez

Or

One of those two.

I want Emery but think it'll be Marco.
I’d go for Emery myself but with regard to Fonseca/Silva I’d say their records aren’t that dissimilar. But the main difference is we’ve seen Silva manage 42 games in the Premier League and I don’t think it’s been great, particularly defensively. For that reason I’d go for Fonseca over Silva.

I’d go for Emery myself but with regard to Fonseca/Silva I’d say their records aren’t that dissimilar. But the main difference is we’ve seen Silva manage 42 games in the Premier League and I don’t think it’s been great, particularly defensively. For that reason I’d go for Fonseca over Silva.

Could also argue Fonesca could completely bomb ala De Boer mate.

After this season I dont want us gambling on an all or nothing, thats why for me we need to look at the likes of Emery.

Simeone also lets not forget his agent had contacted us - maybe if he wins the EL this season he might want a new challenge- would love him he epitomises EFC

Silva has a good CV.Hull going down wasn't all his fault.But the way he was willing dump Watford, after barely arriving there, shows that he doesn't do loyalty.He has a decent CV in europe.He took Estoril into the top flight in Portugal, and then they did very well there, qualifying for europe.He won the portuguese cup with Sporting Lisbon, and he won the greek league title with Olympiacos.

He is a good manager overall, but we can do better i think.Still though if Silva is the man, then hopefully he will get this football club moving in the right direction again.Getting rid of some of the spineless cowards in our playing squad, would be a good start for whoever the new manager is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back