Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if he was a British manager who had a similar CV he'd be laughed out of contention.

A British manager who did 1 year at Celtic winning the league then joined West Brom got relegated, joined Stoke and got sacked for trying to join Newcastle mid season.

That's basically Marco Silva.

he was just flavour of the month last October when he won a couple of games with Watford.

things have changed Massively since then, and he went on to get sacked for giving up.

HE GAVE UP ON THE JOB!!!!

and we are going to hire him

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Its made up man, you think this wouldnt be reported in the press if it was true?
Exactly. There simply isn’t any way possible that Silva could have downed tools and not turned up for training/work for three days, without any local or national media getting a sniff of it. LOL fanciful nonsense in the extreme.

One things for certain fans need to ger behind him. Him and Fonesca are both risks however:

Both have the potential with shrewd signings from Brands/our financial strength to push us forward.

Worst case scenario is likely 9-11th finish under Silva ala Martinez and the club can get rid next summer.

Worst case under an unknown Fonesca could be relegation battle like De Boar hence why im more in for Silva than Fonesca at the present moment.
silva has ALREADY been relegated out of the prem. he had 22 games at hull to turn it round and failed.

he needed a point in his last 2 games and lost 4 nil and 7-1 .... what does that tell you!

A lot of stuff goes on we dont know about. But either way I’m not convinced it’s him we’re after.

Absolutely no chance.

Watford's bitter owners would have released it to the press and tarnished Silva's name completely.

Richarlison was gutted Silva went you think he would have been as angry with Watford sacking him had Silva not bothered turning up to work?

Im sorry but I find this 90% likely to be bull and your usual "my mate down Finchy reckons Bill wants Moyes and Mosh wants Simeone so de ad a big scrap" ITK crap stories that get about on Twitter and are passed off us gospel.

One things for certain fans need to ger behind him. Him and Fonesca are both risks however:

Both have the potential with shrewd signings from Brands/our financial strength to push us forward.

Worst case scenario is likely 9-11th finish under Silva ala Martinez and the club can get rid next summer.

Worst case under an unknown Fonesca could be relegation battle like De Boar hence why im more in for Silva than Fonesca at the present moment.
How is your worse case for one drastically different than the other? Worst case for both is relegation places. One HAS been relegated in this league, in fact. And it's not Fonseca.

No one knows what happened and the usual "within club circles" is just ITK claptrap in all honesty otherwise:

Why has this not been reported by mainstream media?

Why have your owners not disclosed this thus tarnishing Silva's reputation?

Why were some players gutted he left? logically they would have been spat in the face by him for acting like that.

As I said EFC done nothing wrong, we were perfectly within our right to make repeated offers like clubs do all the time to clubs players and managers. Was it lacking class? Possibly, but nothing illegal from the outside looking in was done and it seems like sour grapes from your club.

As I said I wouldn't give a penny in compo, we likely will be done as the bent FA loves hitting clubs outside the top 6 - see Niasse and Lanzini being banned for diving when Delli Alli, Sterling, Sanchez etc. Have been getting away with murder week in week out.
Hang on a second...

Can you not see the irony? You start your post by saying that no one knows what happened...and then proceed to say categorically that Everton did nothing wrong. So which is it? Why is your knowledge of what happened any better or clearer than ours? Genuine question...

silva has ALREADY been relegated out of the prem. he had 22 games at hull to turn it round and failed.

he needed a point in his last 2 games and lost 4 nil and 7-1 .... what does that tell you!

Hull had about 14 squad players and had just sold their 2 best players. He gave it his all and had they stayed up it would have been a miracle but they just came short with the likes of rivals Palace spending £30 million in Janaury whilst thet got Niasse on loan.

Klopp, Rafael and Wenger have all been relegated you think they are all bad managers?

Martinez was consistently in relegation battles Silva wasnt - before we turned his head Watford were in the top 6.

He's a risk but tbh and as I've said isnt my first choice - however fans just have to give him a chance - whining on a forum isnt going to change it and he isnt exactly a Moyes/Alladyce appointment.

Get Goodison rocking and give him a season then if he's gash get the fan pressure on him and get him out the following summer.

Absolutely no chance.

Watford's bitter owners would have released it to the press and tarnished Silva's name completely.

Richarlison was gutted Silva went you think he would have been as angry with Watford sacking him had Silva not bothered turning up to work?

Im sorry but I find this 90% likely to be bull and your usual "my mate down Finchy reckons Bill wants Moyes and Mosh wants Simeone so de ad a big scrap" ITK crap stories that get about on Twitter and are passed off us gospel.
I get your point and what you say about ITK makes sense. But I’m still not sure it’s him we want.
His record is garbage but if Brands does want him and we get him then so be it. I’ll back him like any Manager but I don’t see the sense in getting him. He hasn’t lasted a year in any of his previous few jobs.

I get your point and what you say about ITK makes sense. But I’m still not sure it’s him we want.
His record is garbage but if Brands does want him and we get him then so be it. I’ll back him like any Manager but I don’t see the sense in getting him. He hasn’t lasted a year in any of his previous few jobs.

we might as well go after steve McLaren.. he a winner, as he proved in the dutch league with twenty, and he's also had the mishap of being relegated..

lets get him in!

Hang on a second...

Can you not see the irony? You start your post by saying that no one knows what happened...and then proceed to say categorically that Everton did nothing wrong. So which is it? Why is your knowledge of what happened any better or clearer than ours? Genuine question...

Have a butchers at this mate.

In case you didnt know, thats Everton pissing on the biggest day in your clubs history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back