Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez is a good manager, I couldn't care if he managed that lot im more concerned about us progressing on the pitch. Also lets be honest imagine the fume if he took the gig here from that bunch of scruffs.

"Dat Rafael eeee aint on ov us anymorreee YWNA"

would be even better if he won a trophy with us.

Another boring manager. And who cares about Liverpool, our fan base need to stop obsessing over them

His record with Watford was i think actually worse and he had pre-season and was able to sign players with them. It'll be a big gamble for me if we appoint him.

Looks like the goals against column has been more or less the same with Watford pre-Everton and post-Everton approach. And yes I think you're right, the goals against ratio was slightly better with Hull.

upload_2018-5-14_8-10-31.webp

Not making excuses, but with Watford Silva did have a few blow-outs - a 6-0 to Manchester City, 4-2 losses to both Chelsea and Manchester United. Much like Everton at the start of the season. It is definitely a concern though, can only hope that Silva has learnt from his brief taste in the premier league so far. Roberto Martinez's achilles heel was his complete failure to adapt or deviate from his "footballing principles", hopefully Marco Silva has the ability to be pragmatic and flexible with his tactics when the occasion calls for it.

Salah and firminho out scored our entire team this season and still struggled to get top 4.

Playing a style to out score the opposition only works when you have a quality front 3 that scores lots of goals and the rest of the team chip in with a few.

We don't have that and for the second season in a row we've just sold our top goal scorer.

You could argue that with a better attack we'd score more goals but we'd concede more as well.

The club is at a major turning point in it's history for me. With all the changes going on and we can't afford to drift into the mid table dirge that's in the premier league because we won't get back out. We can't be taking chances on gung-ho managers because we don't have the fire power up front and defensively we're to frail at the back to compensate for it. Silva is martinez mk2 without the 8 thousand pass a game.

We need a manager who can organise a defence as well as a attack. Someone who's manager style is balanced and can build up the whole squad over time. Emeri or fonseca if we can't get him for me. Both won things, can play good attacking football but doesn't sacrifice their defence to do so and can dig in and grind out results when things aren't going their way.
Along with Sentinel's posts this is spot on...anyone who wants Silva I can understand..but he is not the answer. Please consider who is on our board and then look at our history...we need to back a club that is together, has a vision and a plan...it's not impossible but plucky old Everton just will not do for me...get rid of the shysters on the board and we will have a chance at building something worthwhile...we need to fight for this together...if we don't then I fear for our future...

Keane, Pickford, Baines, Jagielka, Rooney, DCL, Walcott all played SIGNIFICANT amounts of time this season.

Yeah, the "British core" is about as helpful as "Premier League experience"

Pickford has been our best player , Walcott has been generally very good since he's been here, Baines is past his best but still better than any other alternative.
For the record , I wouldn't mind Moyes either - many forget what he achieved on no resources.

Pickford has been our best player , Walcott has been generally very good since he's been here, Baines is past his best but still better than any other alternative.
For the record , I wouldn't mind Moyes either - many forget what he achieved on no resources.

Do tell us about all these magnificent achievements

Fonseca would be my #1 choice, but think Silva would do a fine job here too. He’d actually have us playing decent stuff, and it’s not as if Allardyce has made us that tight at the back anyway so we might as well enjoy some attacking togger. Oh, and bring Doucouré with you Marco, he’s a bit good him.

Rafael Benitez. Proven record and I do not care if he managed Hell Utd before.

Agree. Benitez is a good manager, has a great record, and if he got us 5th place next season I'll bet everyone on GOT would have forgotten he once managed the murderers.

The problem for Mosh is, if he appointed Benitez and we finished in the bottom half of the league, the fume from the terraces would make his position virtually untenable.

Keane, Pickford, Baines, Jagielka, Rooney, DCL, Walcott all played SIGNIFICANT amounts of time this season.

Yeah, the "British core" is about as helpful as "Premier League experience"
Pickford could go on to be a great - he is a young keeper, who take longer to mature. Keane too can develop. We could do worse than sign Mawson from Swansea and build a young unit. People are too short sighted now - takes years to build a really good team.

The likes of Chelsea and City have ruined football with their approach

Looks like the goals against column has been more or less the same with Watford pre-Everton and post-Everton approach. And yes I think you're right, the goals against ratio was slightly better with Hull.

View attachment 46295

Not making excuses, but with Watford Silva did have a few blow-outs - a 6-0 to Manchester City, 4-2 losses to both Chelsea and Manchester United. Much like Everton at the start of the season. It is definitely a concern though, can only hope that Silva has learnt from his brief taste in the premier league so far. Roberto Martinez's achilles heel was his complete failure to adapt or deviate from his "footballing principles", hopefully Marco Silva has the ability to be pragmatic and flexible with his tactics when the occasion calls for it.
Does that only count league results? He was on a 11-match run without a win when he got sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back