Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva definitely has something about him but it’s hard to look at his time at Watford as anything other than a mess.

I’d like to see us throw some offers around at a number of managers before just settling on our target from 6 months ago.
Like who?

Gut feeling, based on very little info, sometime next week - Friday at the very latest.

Window is open, Club want a manger in by the start of the Copa Mundial and want to start the rebuild.

Puzzle pieces fit into place.

Do you think next week is due to some kind of date where we can confirm him without any comeback off Watford? Not sure if that was posted yesterday along those lines?

Either way, he'll have watched every game of ours since December, will have inside info on most if the players, will know where to strengthen, have an idea of who to get rid of.

I mentioned a while ago that I still had an inkling for him. He's been very quiet since he got punted out of Watford

Fwiw and since Moyes left we've had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, I've just got a gut feeling if it Silva we will be in good hands and he'll be a good fit for us.

Do you think next week is due to some kind of date where we can confirm him without any comeback off Watford? Not sure if that was posted yesterday along those lines?

Either way, he'll have watched every game of ours since December, will have inside info on most if the players, will know where to strengthen, have an idea of who to get rid of.

I mentioned a while ago that I still had an inkling for him. He's been very quiet since he got punted out of Watford

Fwiw and since Moyes left we've had Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, I've just got a gut feeling if it Silva we will be in good hands and he'll be a good fit for us.

No, just a gut feeling Mac. I saw someone say something about his contracting wrapping up in 11 days but I've not heard/found anything to back that up.

I just think they want this transition to happen quickly and not to hang around like they did recruiting and ultimately replacing Koeman.

Brands will want to get down to work quickly. I just think next week makes sense - but it depends on the length of the knobheads Watford want to be.

Jarg Paulo wannabe.

Don't be sad MG, once he changes his name to Marco Moutsgoat Silva you'll embrace his Portugese charm.

Fonseca was just a summer fling, the kind you have where you think the romance will never end until you realise she lives more than 45 minutes away and her parents are knobheads. Yep, that dream had to die too but your all the better for it.

Don't be sad MG, once he changes his name to Marco Moutsgoat Silva you'll embrace his Portugese charm.

Fonseca was just a summer fling, the kind you have where you think the romance will never end until you realise she lives more than 45 minutes away and her parents are knobheads. Yep, that dream had to die too but your all the better for it.

But I didnt even get my fingers wet.

Now Fonesca is off the table and Benitez is a non starter, that only realistically leaves:

Silva
Emery
Wenger
Pellegrini

Wenger I doubt will stay in England and Emery isn't appearing to be on our radar.

On that basis im actually coming around to Silva and feel he deserves a season to show us what he can do. If the story of a £100 million+ budget are true I can certainly see him being able to bring in 4-5 good players to fit his style.

The defence is a concern and I would like the idea of us only giving him an initial 2 year contract with some clause allowing us to extend this by a 3rd year come next season if he does a good job - atleast this gives us protection if we have to sack and pay him off...

Now Fonesca is off the table and Benitez is a non starter, that only realistically leaves:

Silva
Emery
Wenger
Pellegrini

Wenger I doubt will stay in England and Emery isn't appearing to be on our radar.

On that basis im actually coming around to Silva and feel he deserves a season to show us what he can do. If the story of a £100 million+ budget are true I can certainly see him being able to bring in 4-5 good players to fit his style.

The defence is a concern and I would like the idea of us only giving him an initial 2 year contract with some clause allowing us to extend this by a 3rd year come next season if he does a good job - atleast this gives us protection if we have to sack and pay him off...

Mate, its Silva

Silva
Emery
Wenger
Pellegrini

Don`t forget that he`ll be punting players as well, so as much as we might lose a wedge on some of the duds that Koeman / Walsh brought in, it`ll add a bit more to the kitty and free up wages too.

A concern for me is how badly his head was turned when we showed interest. Bad enough for Watford to give him the boot.

A very unprofessional trait for a top level manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back