Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t understand the Martinez mrk2 business.

Foreign bloke must be like the other foreign bloke. Both like to attack.
You forgot to add both have been relegated and both don’t know how to defend to your list

I’d rather we still had Martinez actually atleast he bought into the clubs history and wouldnt have dropped his undies for every club that showed an interest.

Last edited:
The problem is that there really isn't a great choice of managers out there Wenger won't come to us. Silva got Hull relegated and their season quickly fell apart after a good start. Dyche is a good manager, but I don't know whether people would like his style of play. Benitez would be a good choice, but with his RS connections it would probably be a non starter. Andre Villas Boas has a mixed record, but I think he could do a good job. Mancini did OK at Man City, he would probably get us into the Europa league. My choice would be Eddie Howe he's a blue, which would help him out with the fans. He plays good football and has done with a pretty average Bournmouth side.

Emery
Arteta
Nagelsmann
Ancelotti
Enrique

All either unemployed or attainable

If Silva is our new manager it is important we all get behind him & support his style through the good & bad times...
It will be the Marcel Brands style mate. Whoever gets appointed (I think it WILL be Silva BTW) will basically be a 'head coach' rather than the type of manager we have been used to. Marcel Brands will be the one calling the shots re our style of play, players we should sign etc.
Think of it this way - Marcel Brands is our manager, whoever we appoint is just his 'assistant'

Emery
Arteta
Nagelsmann
Ancelotti
Enrique

All either unemployed or attainable

> Nagelsmann
> attainable

tenor.gif

Silva was never my first choice and still isn't but after the season we have just endured including the last 5 months of absolute dire football lead by probably the most horrible and shameful Manager i have ever come across and then taking into account the new direction the club is going in and with a proper experienced quality director of football involved, i am fine with whoever they feel is the man to drive us forward.

If that man is Silva and Brands feels he is the right man, then so be it. I will get behind him and give him a proper chance. He has a good record prior to coming to the Premier League and Everton will be the first decent and quite powerful premier league club for him so there is a chance that good things might happen. There are going to be some hiccups on the way no matter who gets appointed and we will need patience at times. As long as the club are proactive and ambitious and keep to our motto, i am all in.

Lets talk tactics lads.

My sources tell me that Marco will apply the 3-4-2-1 formation when he comes in, hes been working on it over the last 6months, if we assume we have :

Pickford
Keane - Holgate - Jagielka
Coleman - Klaassen - Besic - Baines
Bolaise ------------ Lookman
Tosun
Then I conclude that we are looking at escaping relegation on the last day of the season with a tricky home draw against Fulham.

His only "failure" is Hull and they were well adrift when he arrived. Even finishing 19th seemed an impossibility when he arrived, yet he came agonisingly close to keeping them up.

And he almost won them the League Cup.

Hardly a disastrous reign.

Lets talk tactics lads.

My sources tell me that Marco will apply the 3-4-2-1 formation when he comes in, hes been working on it over the last 6months, if we assume we have :

Pickford
Tosun
Then I conclude that we are looking at escaping relegation on the last day of the season with a tricky home draw against Fulham.
Yeah e are playing Bolasie instead of Walcott and we wont get anybody in... Siggy will be kept out by Mo, why not put Mangala in there and make things look worse?

Lets talk tactics lads.

Pickford
Tosun
Yeah we are playing Bolasie instead of Walcott and we wont get anybody in... Siggy will be kept out by Mo, why not put Mangala in there and make things look worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back