Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva is not my first choice , or second but there are some things that should be borne in mind if he comes.

Managers are learning all the time and he still is a young and relatively young manager. I would hope that he will be thinking about how he sets out his teams and will be tweaking both offensively and defensively as a result of what he has learned at Hull and Watford.

Secondly, I expect Marcel Brands will have an input into the team and how it is set up. Hopefully, between they can keep an attacking formation without forgetting completely about defence

Available

Wenger
Emery
Hasenhuttl
Enrique
Blanc
Bielsa

May soon be available

Conte
Simeoni

And yet we’re worshipping Silva.

Are we though?

In my opinion, the media haven't clue what's going on.

Marcel Brands wanted LVG at PSV Eindhoven. And he will have a say on who he wants to work with.

People judge Silva based on Watford and hull yet the quality of players there are much lower than even what we have let alone above us.

So we know Silva isn't a miracle worker. Then maybe we should back him and try and develop a squad over time that is as good as the teams above us to see if Silva is actually worth hiring.

We sacked 2 managers based on our current squad, would you want guadiola sacked also if he failed to get this team performing?

Haha :eek: :D

Basically whilst they have conceded less under Gracia, they have also scored less, and if Silva had stayed and done as good a job as he had overall they would have finished exactly where they did. Even if they'd continued their poor form until the end of the season they would only have finished 1 place lower. He (Silva) basically went from massively over achieving to doing exactly what you'd expect Watford to do (and subsequently did).

In fact it could be said that they were more successful the more goals they conceded...

This very much, at least to me, sounds like he's a good manager then.

Huh, who would have thought.

Cheers Phil.

This very much, at least to me, sounds like he's a good manager then.

Huh, who would have thought.

Cheers Phil.
I mean...not being funny, but how do you get "sounds a good manager" if @Philw basically stated that they finished probably exactly where they would have finished with or without Silva? Reads more to me like "he's disposable if someone else can come in and do the exact same job he did".

I mean...not being funny, but how do you get "sounds a good manager" if @Philw basically stated that they finished probably exactly where they would have finished with or without Silva? Reads more to me like "he's disposable if someone else can come in and do the exact same job he did".

They scored goals, that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back