Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having a little read at a Watford forum.

They of course do not have a good word to say about us, they made a few concerning points tho, they say he will start off good, but he finds it hard to adapt if things go wrong, injuries and such, they also say he cant defend, 1 comment was that if we concede a corner versus the 7 dwarfs, we will still concede, they claim the football is wonderful at times, but he cant set up a team to defend.

SWERVE THIS CLOWN MARCEL
You're right they're not commenting out of bitterness and spite at alllll ...

In all seriousness though how could he be flexible and adapt to injury with that squad Watford has? Can anyone name even 3-4 bench players/squad players of theirs?

That sounds fantastic! What's his record at the 2 Premier League teams?

The only way you’re gonna keep clean sheets at Watford and Hull with those players at your disposal is by setting up like Allardyce, is that what we’re looking for? If you try to play attacking football, like he did, they’re obviously gonna concede some goals with the likes of Britos and Prodl at the back, and Gomes in goal ffs.

It’s an absolute disgrace that he didn’t have Watford scoring 5 and keeping clean sheets every game, absolute fraud.

The only way you’re gonna keep clean sheets at Watford and Hull with those players at your disposal is by setting up like Allardyce, is that what we’re looking for? If you try to play attacking football, like he did, they’re obviously gonna concede some goals with the likes of Britos and Prodl at the back, and Gomes in goal ffs.

It’s an absolute disgrace that he didn’t have Watford scoring 5 and keeping clean sheets every game, absolute fraud.
Let's make this simple, in no way do I think the players we CURRENTLY have in defence are better than what Watford have.

So, yeah, I think it's a major concern.

The shower across the park cannot defend in a lot of games. Yet they have an attack mentality against everyone.

I don't want us leaking goals but would rather us go into a game against a top 6 team with A positive attitude.

Man city never won the league last season so what did Pep do?. Buy defenders.

If it is Silva then we need to give him and brands time to build a team. Look to get on a good cup run in the meantime.

Well that’s the problem, look at the defenders we’ve got.

With all due respect, I think you’ll find that out Forum is far less serious than this one and we have a sense of realism. One of your fans came over and a sensible exchange of views entailed and no one attempted to chase him away by throwing insults at him.

We’d welcome any of you over to do the same. But the danger is that we don’t fit your rhetoric and will give another side of the story - and I think it’s clear you don’t like listening to that.

With all due respect, I think you’ll find that out Forum is far less serious than this one and we have a sense of realism. One of your fans came over and a sensible exchange of views entailed and no one attempted to chase him away by throwing insults at him.

We’d welcome any of you over to do the same. But the danger is that we don’t fit your rhetoric and will give another side of the story - and I think it’s clear you don’t like listening to that.
Ya wha?

Let's make this simple, in no way do I think the players we CURRENTLY have in defence are better than what Watford have.

Its a big concern, its not like we are even that good going forward, main issue is we shouldnt even be looking at a manager with big question marks over any aspect of his game, especially when its one we are already poor at, he is going to make it worse

Well that’s the problem, look at the defenders we’ve got.

So the problem is that we need to invest in better defenders then...

I feel like “he’s just another Martinez” is just an easy shout with nothing to actually back it up properly.

The shower across the park cannot defend in a lot of games. Yet they have an attack mentality against everyone.

I don't want us leaking goals but would rather us go into a game against a top 6 team with A positive attitude.

Man city never won the league last season so what did Pep do?. Buy defenders.

If it is Silva then we need to give him and brands time to build a team. Look to get on a good cup run in the meantime.
But we've ALREADY tried this with Martinez. It's almost literally a different version of what Martinez did. And, quite honestly, if we're going that route I'd rather have the guy who was charming and spoke glowingly about our club than the one that bounces around once every year and is a dour tit.

So the problem is that we need to invest in better defenders then...

I feel like “he’s just another Martinez” is just an easy shout with nothing to actually back it up properly.
Did you watch every Hull or Watford match? Because when Hull and Watford supporters say "he can't defend, he'll be sacked by February", why would you put your fingers in your ears saying "I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUU"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back