Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
His defensive record is a concern, but people have been saying for years that Wenger hasn't put a really good defence together since the one he inherited when he took over.

If the midfield and attack are more potent it takes pressure off the defence anyway, so we should see who starts our first game of the season before getting too worried.

‘Big’ team managed:
Ancelotti:
Juventus, Milan, PSG, Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid

Enrique:
Roma, Celta, Barcelona

Emery:
Valencia, Sevilla, PSG.

Silva:
Watford

I do not agree with your statement, sir, and do not understand how you came to your conclusion.

The reason I came to my conclusion is

Ancelotti managed all big clubs with unlimited resources and able to purchase all the best players. Question is can he build a team at Everton with limited resources and unable to have any pick of player in the market. Maybe but highly unlikely.

Enrique: Failed at Roma big style Celta finished 9th and Barcelona would finish top 3 regardless of who is in charge. Could do a job but a massive gamble

Emery: Has done well with Seville but lots give the praise to Monchi. PSG a top team in there own right but slung a 4-0 lead away when Barcelona won 6-1.

Silva: Won trophies with Olympiacos and Sporting. Won a lesser team Estoril promotion first go and took them to 5th in the top tier and qualified for Europa league.
Went to lowly Hull but despite a good effort couldn't keep them up. Started well at Watford but was it injuries to his team or was it his head turned.

All of them a gamble but all I ask is to put some perspective on the Clubs in the PL that Silva took over. What did you expect him to achieve at Hull or Watford....did he make them worse...no. Do you think realistically any of your mentioned could have made Watford or Hull much better.

Still think Benitez is the safest bet but as he has shown with limited resources the task becomes greater

And why would these managers with a stellar CV join us mate?

Money you will say, we arent the only team in the world who pay wages, but we are 1 of the teams in the world who dont have CL Football, we dont even have a Europa to dangle.
In that case, We need to wheel boys pen Bill out and sell 'em the dream.

....and pay them twice the going rate.

And there was me thinking Ancelotti got Reggiana promoted to Serie A and that he finished second in Serie A with Parma before he went to Juventus!

Imagine trying to suggest Silva is a better bet than one of the best managers of all time!

Ancelotti managed all big clubs with unlimited resources and able to purchase all the best players. Question is can he build a team at Everton with limited resources and unable to have any pick of player in the market. Maybe but highly unlikely.

Enrique: Failed at Roma big style Celta finished 9th and Barcelona would finish top 3 regardless of who is in charge. Could do a job but a massive gamble

Emery: Has done well with Seville but lots give the praise to Monchi. PSG a top team in there own right but slung a 4-0 lead away when Barcelona won 6-1.

Silva: Won trophies with Olympiacos and Sporting. Won a lesser team Estoril promotion first go and took them to 5th in the top tier and qualified for Europa league.
Went to lowly Hull but despite a good effort couldn't keep them up. Started well at Watford but was it injuries to his team or was it his head turned.

All of them a gamble but all I ask is to put some perspective on the Clubs in the PL that Silva took over. What did you expect him to achieve at Hull or Watford....did he make them worse...no. Do you think realistically any of your mentioned could have made Watford or Hull much better.

Still think Benitez is the safest bet but as he has shown with limited resources the task becomes greater
Good points up until this, then you stank the gaff out...

And why would these managers with a stellar CV join us mate?

Money you will say, we arent the only team in the world who pay wages, but we are 1 of the teams in the world who dont have CL Football, we dont even have a Europa to dangle.
I never said any of them would join us, I responded to a post saying Ancelotti and co were as risky appointments as Silva. I dont think any of those managers would join us, but I still think they would be safer bets than Silva.

And there was me thinking Ancelotti got Reggiana promoted to Serie A and that he finished second in Serie A with Parma before he went to Juventus!

Imagine trying to suggest Silva is a better bet than one of the best managers of all time!

Who suggested he is a better bet? Show me him because he is wrong. Ancelotti earned his stripes at a lower club by gaining promotion and got his shot at the bigger clubs. Everton are yet to be bracketed as a big club currently so he wouldn't step down. Only big club failure for ancelotti was I suppose Chelsea. Parma were at that time winning lots in Italy when he took over so it wasn't a building job really. The rest are big clubs were he was very successful. I am just trying to be realistic in saying they are all gambles one way or another.

Wonder how long he'll last here. If someone remotely better than us shows interest in him, what's to say he doesn't go in a strop like he did with Watford?

His defensive record is a concern, but people have been saying for years that Wenger hasn't put a really good defence together since the one he inherited when he took over.

If the midfield and attack are more potent it takes pressure off the defence anyway, so we should see who starts our first game of the season before getting too worried.

Obviously if we start the season with Martina at LB, Jonjo at RB and Williams at CB then I'll probably have a little cry, but let's just see how the transfers pan out and if we start the season well the confidence will be back

Wonder how long he'll last here. If someone remotely better than us shows interest in him, what's to say he doesn't go in a strop like he did with Watford?
He will do exactly the same, his record at staying at a club is now like 1 season at a club since 2014. He will continue that record when he gets the sack in 7 months mate. guy is a fraud.

I think he improved both those teams, but they were both shipping goals in a Roberto Martinezian fashion.
I dont know if Ancelotti or the others mention could have kept Hull in the prem, but Im not talking about which manager they should hire either. I think those managers are a safer bet for Everton, not relegation fodder.
I get where youre coming from tho, even if I dont agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back