Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot start saying People or institutions should regret how they act without any proof though.

It's not different sides of the argument, you are making a number of claims that need to be substantiated.

If you show me evidence, I will happily go along with your viewpoint, but to date none has been provided.

What this smacks of, is as a club and a fanbase you remain deeply disappointed a very promising season went off key. I can fully understand that, and to a point can see why there is frustration towards Everton. In my time of watching Everton, we have been in "Watfords" position more often than "Evertons" in this instance. It's absolutely galling seeing your players, or indeed manager want to move on.

That alone isn't proof of wrongdoing though.

Likewise I do think you have to acknowledge your own clubs role in this. You give managers frightfully short contracts, which given your clubs ability to unearth very talented, largely unknown managers seems a blind spot in decision making.

Likewise, your decision to resist EFCs approach to talk to Silva while principled was a very poor decision. Many of us speculated on this, myself included, and I even said I couldn't rule you out of being sucked into a dogfight as a result, which you were but thankfully had enough to survive.

What I found bewildering, was Watford fans struggling to understand that Silva wanted to leave (it was very clear) and his reasoning for doing so. Forget history, if you had any understanding of the people running Everton it would be clear they have a level of financial capacity well beyond your current owners. That's not to knock them. I've seen us under poor owners without a pot to urinate in too and I can see the difference.

Watford should have taken the money, got a higher calibre of coach in and probably cemented a push towards European qualification. It's easy to blame Everton, but if it wasn't us, another side would have come sniffing and your board would have acted in a counter productive and extremely damaging way.

To cover for that they now want pay back. For the sake of football, it would be a travesty of any compensation had to be paid. The mans been sacked 6 months. I can't see how football could operate if such decisions were held up.

I don't massively mind anyone abusing me, but I shouldn't have to defend myself, and nor should you. I don't agree with the goading you've had on here and have tried to challenge it, explicitly and implicitly (like challenging you without resorting to insults). I agree arguments for bans are odd and I wouldn't go along with that. Watford fans are not perfect in this either though, and I've found many to be rude and a tad dim in their understanding of where Everton are at if I'm honest.

I understand your frustration at Everton, but that in itself is not credible evidence. Neither is anger to Silva.

Great post catcher..,i think you should have simply replied with a one liner though lol

I like to look forward David.

As I say, im not totally convinced, his record I can only describe as patchy, he has the morals of a snake rat judas, which I am of course willing to look past, "for the greater good".

He has his pluses, it appears as tho he has a firm tactical grasp and very good man management skills.

His negatives are his adaptability when things go wrong and his system demands a LOT from the players, which sometimes leads to tiredness and gaps in defence. So if Marcel can give him the right players, to complement the 1s we have and the system and if he can get everything working tip top then we have a chance.

But if things hit the fan, then we are in serious trouble.

Im expectant, but concerned, thankfully my faith in Marcel is unwavering.
Unless we are rank and way down the table next season he'll be given every chance to get this right. Brands wont want to contribute to the chaos of another managerial casualty to add to the last three. Top half of the table playing decent footy and shed the rubbish in this squad is a successful first season in charge IMO.

Unless we are rank and way down the table next season he'll be given every chance to get this right. Brands wont want to contribute to the chaos of another managerial casualty to add to the last three. Top half of the table playing decent footy and shed the rubbish in this squad is a successful first season in charge IMO.
Any new manager with this squad will need 2 years.

Any new manager with this squad will need 2 years.

To compete yes.

Look, im honestly here and now going to give whoever we appoint a free season, im not expecting them to be bottom half of course, just get some good results and finish 7th or 8th, as a bonus a decent run at a cup.

No doubt that may change, but realistically, we are a PERFECT 3 transfer windows away from being where we need to be.

..as I see it, we probably illegally approached Silva when he was manager at Watford. Silva kept his counsel but wanted to leave Watford and join Everton. Everton wanted Silva and Silva wanted Everton.

Both Everton and Silva then did the right thing. Everton officially approached Watford and offered them lots of money. Watford turned the offer down. It takes 3 parties to make a deal, 2 wanted it, 1 didn’t so we all moved on.

Watford then went on a losing run. Watford did what they always do, they sacked their manager. The season continued. The season ended.

Everton have renewed their interest in Silva. He’s been sacked by Watford. Watford now want a compensation deal. Everton originally offered a substantial compensation deal but Watford turned it down.

Watford take the high ground, probably rightly suggesting Everton made an illegal approach for Silva. Silva and his agent then provide evidence he was the subject of an unsolicited approach from Watford when he was in charge at Hull. Righteous Watford are not so righteous, so Everton withdraw any compensation offer.

It usually takes 3 parties to make a deal. It appears Silva wants Everton. It appears Silva has always wanted Everton. It appears Everton want Silva. It appears Everton always wanted Silva. Let it happen.

If you’re Watford, build yourselves a bridge and get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back