Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The project is to manage a team with a squad worse than the top six, and out perform them while spending less money them them.
A fools errand for a top manager with a reputation to maintain.
I agree, but maybe there might just be a manager who fancies the challenge to make Everton great again...

Will be very interesting to see what he thinks of the squad and how he gets them playing.

Players massively underperformed last season but there was a reason we paid big money for a number of them so I wonder if he can get them going again.
Can he get Schneiderlen back to the level he was playing at when he first joined?
Keane back to Burnley levels?
Sandro to Malaga levels?
Sig to Swansea level performances?

They were arguably our biggest underperformers last season.

There is a premier league and FA cup winner about to be available, if you want the best sell them the best. I’m not saying we would even be entertained but conte but we should be showing ambition.
I concur. If they tell us to 'Koff..fine, bit at least try. Maybe we have, I don't know. But he seems to have had his sights set on Silva for some time.

There is a premier league and FA cup winner about to be available, if you want the best sell them the best. I’m not saying we would even be entertained but conte but we should be showing ambition.

So he won the league with them after changing formation. He won the FA Cup this year. You are talking about Chelsea and the ready made to challenge squad he took over. I would say he failed and had a bad season with the squad he had this season. Yes an FA Cup to Everton is a massive success because we are in comparison not a patch on Chelsea but to Chelsea the season has been a failure so the thought of Conte managing Everton also equals a 7th or 8th position in my eyes. Remember lads can these top managers manage with a mediocre squad with less money than the top 6 and still come up trumps. Maybe but it's still questionable. As someone has already correctly stated why would a top manager come to Everton knowing we are not currently a good team and damage his reputation. Top managers will only take on top teams that only need a tweak here and there and with a massive budget to sign almost anyone they like. We are nowhere near being good enough or rich enough for that risk.

Will be very interesting to see what he thinks of the squad and how he gets them playing.

Players massively underperformed last season but there was a reason we paid big money for a number of them so I wonder if he can get them going again.
Can he get Schneiderlen back to the level he was playing at when he first joined?
Keane back to Burnley levels?
Sandro to Malaga levels?
Sig to Swansea level performances?

They were arguably our biggest underperformers last season.

Lookman for me, can he release the potential in the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back