Baines
Williams
Bolasie
Martina
Schneiderlin
Robles
Mori
Mirallas
Not a lot to disagree with there except perhaps Baines who would be a good back up. What about Besic or some of the other loanees this year and the perennial sicknote Mccarthy?

Hopefully he’ll be luckier with injuries than recent managers.
We were missing Coleman, Mori, Baines, Bolassie (for better or worse), Sig and McCarthy for long periods of the season. We also had Barkley injured and unavailable until he was sold. That’s part of the reason we struggled so badly from the start.

Coleman and baines in particular were missed badly. McCarthy (when fit) would’ve been a massive improvement on Schneiderlen when he was struggling. Likewise Mori on Williams and having Sig in and match from from day one would’ve helped.

Out (hopefully):

Rooney
Jagielka
Baines
Williams
Bolasie
Martina
Schneiderlin
Robles
Mori
Mirallas
This would be ideal, bring in some of the youngsters that were on loan last season and some exciting players in key positions and the squad will feel a lot fresher

Add Besic and Garbutt to that list too

March 3rd, whilst at Anfield to cover Liverpool - Newcastle, I sent to @MoutsGoat:

"Spoke to Bascombe after he game and he said: Be surprised if sam goes before the end of the season but certainly be gone by next.

Club will let people know on the hush what’s going on over the next few weeks but today’s loss will speed up things."

After that, there was a collective effort on the radio, in the papers and elsewhere about the board's lack of faith in Sam and want to move on. First proper Fonseca rumour popped up maybe ten days later.

He was dead after the Burnley game Joe, you just didn't know it.
I now understand your official source you had to keep quiet - I am no weasel I just posted what I heard a lucky itk one poster PMs me as he was desperate to know if it was 100 percent as he and his son were thinking of season tickets - nothing is never 100 percent as the Esk gets stick, but Sam knew he was doomed along time ago according to my distant family's slight involvement with him, I was happy to oblige as Sams football was dire in my day the fans would have voted with there feet not many season ticket holders when you could pay at the gate home , and away

Hopefully we can get this wrapped up in the next couple of days as it’s surely going to be him and we need to make a start shaping the squad.

The one thing I’d want is for Lookman to be given a proper chance.

This idea of a long-term contract for Silva is the height of stupidity. They can’t be concerned already that he would be keen to jump ship surely? Three years is fine, he would have to do astonishingly well to even have a sniff at a chance with a top six club.

Though I’d imagine the finer points in his contract would make for interesting reading given his recent past. There should be some fairly eye-watering penalty clauses and release fee in there if he wanted to take up another offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back