Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about that
No smoke without fire
A crowd of gangsters actually bought an Irish second division side , put in a few dodgy players with previous ( including the goalkeeper ) and placed bets on the outcome of matches in the Far East
I’m sure the bookies had to check where Athlone town was and wondered who the hell were Finn Harps

Went to a pre-Season friendly at Athlone Town the week Bobby Sands died. I was a 14 yr old kid on a fishing break. They played QPR and got lashed 5-0 or 5-1....there were 8-9 year old kids bricking the small contingent of visiting fans...needless to say I kept very quiet in the home end!

Only a fool we would say we dont need to ship out about 20 odd wage thieves, only a fool would say we dont need to give some of the players we bought last season a chance, are you a fool David?
I'm all in favour of shipping players out - but those bought last season are often one and the same thing. Also, you're avoiding the issue of Moshiri drawing horns in over spending. That £200M frittered away during Koemageddon will be causing us to claw back cash each transfer window for the next few years. You seem to just have appreciated that because until just lately you were informing us that the spending would continue apace.

I'm all in favour of shipping players out - but those bought last season are often one and the same thing. Also, you're avoiding the issue of Moshiri drawing horns in over spending. That £200M frittered away during Koemageddon will be causing us to claw back cash each transfer window for the next few years. You seem to just have appreciated that because until just lately you were informing us that the spending would continue apace.

We have 40 first team players David.

Are you suggesting we ignore that fact and buy another 5-6 players without addressing that?

We have 40 first team players David.

Are you suggesting we ignore that fact and buy another 5-6 players without addressing that?
No. I never have discounted that. I was clear that the massive wastage from Koemageddon would have to be reckoned with for the foreseeable. I talked about recycling cash from that process and you were of the opinion (until today I think) that the good times were still rolling under the Mosh.

I welcome the fact that you're now on message. :coffee:

No. I never have discounted that. I was clear that the massive wastage from Koemageddon would have to be reckoned with for the foreseeable. I talked about recycling cash from that process and you were of the opinion (until today I think) that the good times were still rolling under the Mosh.

I welcome the fact that you're now on message. :coffee:

I think you are mistaken, I have been beating the "shed the dross" drum for a long time now, we have people who we are paying a pretty penny that havent and will not contribute to Everton.

Whether thats Koeman, Walsh fault, it doesnt matter, its Evertons problem, its Marcel Brands problem and Marcel doesnt deal with problems, he deals with solutions.

So step aside and watch how a genius works.

Moshiri is only guilty of trusting too much, he trusted and invested heavily into his DoF and his manager, it was a mistake, but hes man enough to admit that mistake and change things, hes not burying his head in the sand, hes made changes.

Hes a businessman, a very successful businessman, as ive already pointed out, COUNTLESS times, hes invested close to 300m into this football club so far and im pretty sure he will invest more when its needed.

If you think Marcel Brands left his safe Dutch haven to recycle players, you aint been paying attention.

Reactions: FTY
I think you are mistaken, I have been beating the "shed the dross" drum for a long time now, we have people who we are paying a pretty penny that havent and will not contribute to Everton.

Whether thats Koeman, Walsh fault, it doesnt matter, its Evertons problem, its Marcel Brands problem and Marcel doesnt deal with problems, he deals with solutions.

Moshiri is only guilty of trusting too much, he trusted and invested heavily into his DoF and his manager, it was a mistake, but hes man enough to admit that mistake and change things, hes not burying his head in the sand, hes made changes.

Hes a businessman, a very successful businessman, as ive already pointed out, COUNTLESS times, hes invested close to 300m into this football club so far and im pretty sure he will invest more when its needed.

If you think Marcel Brands left his safe Dutch haven to recycle players, you aint been paying attention.

...so you must be predicting some sort of impressive net spend this summer? Care to place a figure on it?

Koemageddonlol

“Zealots are rarely ever weakened by disbelievers; in fact, they are encouraged by them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back