Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Silva left Hull for Watford last summer and signed Tom Cleverley from Everton in a deal worth £8m.
giphy.gif

“Silva left Hull for Watford last summer andsigned Tom Cleverley from Everton in a deal worth £8m.

Watford lost just one of their opening nine games and following a win over Arsenal, Cleverley gave his manager a glowing reference.

GettyImages-453039858.jpg

Marco Silva (Image: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images)
He is trying to change our mentality of being a club that maybe settles for drawing games,” he told talkSPORT after the game.

“He wants to turn us into a club that goes in with a mentality of believing in ourselves every game. That is exactly what he said at half-time and I thought that changed the game. We were a little bit tentative in the first half.

“As a manager, he has got that perfect balance of having a bit of a fear factor and being approachable at the same time.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/evertons-past-present-give-marco-14692318

After what we’ve just been served up, that will be so refreshing. Going to the likes of the pit or the Emirates and going there to win the game, rather than thinking a point would be a huge success would be fantastic. Might still end up losing of course, but go to these places and have a good go ffs. That’s why our record at the top grounds has been utterly horrific because we’ve had “knife to a gunfight” managers who go there as a damage limitation exercise.

You’re not going to get a brilliant record at these grounds obviously because they’re simply better than us and have been for a while. But it definitely should be far better than the embarrassing record we have.

Smaller clubs than us have better records there because they’re had managers who go there and have a good go. Think we might get an unexpected result or two next season.
If you're trying to convince Silva doubters using Snivelly quotes you wont make much headway on here mate.

Didnt Watford commit to buying Cleverley before Silva went there. I thought his games played previous season triggered a clause in the loan terms.

If you're trying to convince Silva doubters using Snivelly quotes you wont make much headway on here mate.

Didnt Watford commit to buying Cleverley before Silva went there. I thought his games played previous season triggered a clause in the loan terms.
Yeah, it was widely reported when he went on loan, that they had to buy him if he played enough games. About 10 IIRC.

(n)lollollol

This forum can be amazing sometimes lol... i had to scroll up to remind myself of which thread i was in lol , no thread policing there by the way just legit entertained by the davek and zat vs moutsgoat debate....long may it continue:celebrate:

Marco Silva then, anybody know where i can find a list of transfers HE has made would like to compare next to my one of Marcel Brands and see what we are in for

Either way i’m excited for some attacking football next year

I won.

Btw he definitely brought in richarlison...no idea on others

No one so we should keep all 37 first team squad players and buy more right so
Morgan - Sell. He played well back end of the season but he is still a massive tit
Klassen - Keep, I'd give him a chance under an attacking manager
Bolassie - Sell as he isn't very good and Lookman can take his place
Besic - Sell, shame really as I liked him but injuries have killed his Everton career
Jags - Keep as backup
Williams - Fire out of a canon
Sandro - Wants to leave so sell
Naisse - Keep as we won't get anyone better than him for the price we sell him for.
Mangala - On loan so won't be here
Martina - Release on a free
Rooney - Off to Murica
Robles ( free)
Steks - Sell but if we cant get another keeper keep him
Pennington - Sell but if we don't get another CB keep him as backup
Garbutt - No one will buy him lets hope for a loan
Galloway - Nominal fee to a lower league team
And there’s more as well
Just my thoughts on the players you mentioned mate. Add Mirallas to the sell list as well. McCarthy is an odd one as I don't think we could sell him in the summer with his injury but maybe give him a couple of games before Jan and try ship him out then

No one so we should keep all 37 first team squad players and buy more right so
Morgan
Klassen
Bolassie
Besic
Jags
Williams
Sandro
Naisse
Mangala
Martina
Rooney
Robles ( free)
Steks
Pennington
Garbutt
Galloway
And there’s more as well

There are 19.

Them Watford fans are hilarious. They think their owner is some superior being, with unsurpassable intellect.

Dont those types always get killed at the end of films?

Similar to Geordies, Stoke and Swansea in recent years getting relegated...good bet is Southampton down next season

From what I read Silva had no input in any transfer other than Richarlison. Indeed I read that he was at odds with the Watford board because he wanted to bring in a couple of defensive players and they wouldn’t listen to him.

I assume he’ll have no or little input here either as that will be Brands’ job, but that will obviously be discussed by all parties and if he signs on, he’ll clearly be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back