McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22
That's a shocking indictment of the last couple of years. Koeman got rid of a lot of dross but somehow we've managed to get even more in.

Got to laugh at people going on about him "having Watford in the Top 6". It was bleeding October lads.

Look I get that we all don't want to read pages of misery but do we have to do this bending over backwards to convince ourselves and each other that he's not a disappointing appointment.

Or if you disagree with that then.....

His Hull side could have won the World Cup with the football they were playing but they were just unlucky on the last few match days. His Olympiakos and Estorii records are the stuff of legend.
When Silva was at Hull they where 4th in the form table, behind us, Chelsea and Spurs.

At Watford they where 4th till we turned up.
P25 W10 L9(Hull+Watford record) till We tried to get him, then Watford got key injures to players and there form fell off a cliff. Hence why his PL Stats look bad

P43 W13 L21.....11 defeats came after our approach

Total...off the top of my head;

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (going)
Henen (gone)
Stekelenburg
Cuco
Baines
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Mangala (loan)
McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22

About £100mil there in sales and huge amount of wages.

Agree but I’d rather see Keane given a chance with a new dominant CB than start 2 new CB
A new LB CM LW CB as starters is enough for one window.

What we need is a top notch left sided centre back. Ideally left footed and with great leadership skills...

Perhaps removing 2 left backs and having only holgate/feeney remaining in the squad at centre back isnt the best idea BUT individually the rest of them arent much cop.

If we had a choice of keeping Keane/Mori/Jagielka for 1 season then id keep Jagielka as the £30mil from the other 2 can get a super player from France / Germany.

Yep that to me is what I would look at the priority... tearing up the back line nearly completely 2 cb's and a lb is just never going to end well.

Which are the 3 priority positions?

LB / LCB / CM in that order for me.

Personally i want to see an u23 potential top 4 starter signed in each of those positions.

If we have £100mil + sales then we should be either targetting bargains or kids as a strategy mid-long term OR going for those like Diop/ Upamecano/De Ligt who would cost big money e.g £60mil for the 2nd two and offering top money.

Either way;
Star kids good enough now who can improve
Undervalued kids who can improve
Bargains

But we must have a plan that 3 years time we are in top 4 and can stay there consistently.

Total...off the top of my head;

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (going)
Henen (gone)
Stekelenburg
Cuco
Baines
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Mangala (loan)
McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22

23 lol i forgot williams lol lol

We will be lucky if we sign 7 players mate... you can bank on it (not including youth players there like for the u23's). We wont see a revolution, we will see about 7 players leave (maybe more if we get a bid for the likes of Bolasie), but we will not be bringing in huge amounts of players. We done that last season, it doesnt work.

We will probably see a signing in each key area, CB, LB, CM, LW and maybe striker.

After that I will be shocked if we bring in more.

13 PLAYERS -- all surely must go.
Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (free)
Stekelenburg
Henen
Williams
Mirallas
Rooney
Mangala (loan)

TOTAL estimated value under £5mil.

REMAINING 10 estimated value £90mil+
Cuco
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Besic
Klaassen
Bolasie

So were highly likely to punt out 13. Of those we need to replace Rooney + 2 keepers.

13 out / 3 in.

Then it gets interesting...Do we sell;

THE WORST
THE OLDEST
THE ONES WITH MOST VALUE

Which are the 3 priority positions?

LB / LCB / CM in that order for me.

Personally i want to see an u23 potential top 4 starter signed in each of those positions.

If we have £100mil + sales then we should be either targetting bargains or kids as a strategy mid-long term OR going for those like Diop/ Upamecano/De Ligt who would cost big money e.g £60mil for the 2nd two and offering top money.

Either way;
Star kids good enough now who can improve
Undervalued kids who can improve
Bargains

But we must have a plan that 3 years time we are in top 4 and can stay there consistently.

For me? I would say LB, CM, and then CB unless we move on Williams and an other.

I would imagine our new policy will be 70% younger players who can make impact which have a high upside for selling down the line, 30% of players who are ready and established now. That would be my gut instinct based on Brands and what I have read of his past.

I just dont see anything mad happening this summer, I maybe wrong, but with brands looking to reduce the wage bill because of high paid under performers, id be shocked to see a major revolution.

I am jus hoping that this leads to the dream of Bolasie getting his wish to go back to London... and Williams back to Swansea.

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (free)
Stekelenburg
Henen
Williams
Mirallas
Rooney
Mangala (loan)

Cuco
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Besic
Klaassen
Bolasie

So were highly likely to punt out 13. Of those we need to replace Rooney + 2 keepers.

13 out / 3 in.

THE WORST
THE OLDEST
THE ONES WITH MOST VALUE

When you look at that list, it suddenly becomes clearer how we were so poor last season.

Ps you forgot Sandro and Niasse

We are probably stuck with most of the poorer players until their contracts expire. But in the meantime we should be able to unload at least 5 of them just to get them off the wages bill. It will take 2 years + to get rid of the amount of dross we have accumulated.

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (free)
Stekelenburg
Henen
Williams
Mirallas
Rooney
Mangala (loan)

Cuco
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Besic
Klaassen
Bolasie

13 out / 3 in.

THE WORST
THE OLDEST
THE ONES WITH MOST VALUE

I imagine, the following will definitely go.

Browning
Garbutt
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (free)
Stekelenburg
Henen
Mirallas
Besic

Now bear in mind, I am talking about first team squad players when am talking about the "7" I think will go, so some of the players mentioned above are nowhere near the first team - so I dont count them.

I think Besic, Miralles, Stek, will go from the first team squad, then id expect offers for Williams, Bolasie and probably Mori. Haven't counted Rooney in this as am not sure if this whole DC thing is hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back