Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read Silva had no input in any transfer other than Richarlison. Indeed I read that he was at odds with the Watford board because he wanted to bring in a couple of defensive players and they wouldn’t listen to him.

I assume he’ll have no or little input here either as that will be Brands’ job, but that will obviously be discussed by all parties and if he signs on, he’ll clearly be happy with it.
I can't imagine for a moment the DoF and manager not discussing transfer targets, how and where to play them in the system etc.

I know it happened with Walsh/Koeman but surely we MUST have learnt from that.

19 more or 19 in total ??

Total...off the top of my head;

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (going)
Henen (gone)
Stekelenburg
Cuco
Baines
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Mangala (loan)
McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22

I can't imagine for a moment the DoF and manager not discussing transfer targets, how and where to play them in the system etc.

I know it happened with Walsh/Koeman but surely we MUST have learnt from that.
It’s quite common. Positions in the team will be discussed i.e the manager/coach will say I need a left back or a winger, and the DOF will go out and get a player. I remember a quote front emery saying exactly this. He would discuss positions with Monchi but ultimately Monchi would be the one who would pick the personnel.

We know from Walsh that it was different here as both Walsh and manager both had to agree or both had a say in who was signed. That’s when the problems arise IMO as you end up with what we had and still have, an unbalanced squad.

Let the DOF do his job and pick the players, and let the “coach” do his job and coach them.

Tings ain’t like they used to be!

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (going)
Henen (gone)
Stekelenburg
Cuco
Baines
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Mangala (loan)
McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22
Baines no unless they are going to buy 2 left backs
Keane no unless they are going to buy 3 CB to go with Holgate
McCarthy won’t be going anywhere this window.
Apart from the fact he’s family he’s injured and out till the end of the year
They better make sure the computer is loaded up with paper for all those P45s

From what I read Silva had no input in any transfer other than Richarlison. Indeed I read that he was at odds with the Watford board because he wanted to bring in a couple of defensive players and they wouldn’t listen to him.

I assume he’ll have no or little input here either as that will be Brands’ job, but that will obviously be discussed by all parties and if he signs on, he’ll clearly be happy with it.

Agreed. Only Richarlison BUT if im not mistaken there was a former defender of his signed for pennies or a free once the board rejected his 2 main defensive targets (who have done very well since apparently)

Browning
Garbutt
Pennington
Galloway
Tarashaj
Grant
Robles (going)
Henen (gone)
Stekelenburg
Cuco
Baines
Keane
Mori
Jagielka
Mangala (loan)
McCarthy
Klaassen
Besic
Schneiderlin
Mirallas
Bolasie
Rooney

Thats 22

Are you proposing that they will all be leaving?? Sorry haven't kept up with this thread!

Potentially over 3 windows, but we will not see a exodus like this in this window, not a chance. we might see 6/7 of them leave...

Baines no unless they are going to buy 2 left backs
Keane no unless they are going to buy 3 CB to go with Holgate
McCarthy won’t be going anywhere this window.
Apart from the fact he’s family he’s injured and out till the end of the year
They better make sure the computer is loaded up with paper for all those P45s

The thing is with the list...of those players who would help us getting top 6 minimum.

Baines and Keane wont...

But as ive stated before, if Baines does go to MLS we can expect huge changes afoot.

If he stays then i wouldnt be shocked to see pennington or jags stay to act as 4th CB.

The thing is with the list...of those players who would help us getting top 6 minimum.

Baines and Keane wont...

But as ive stated before, if Baines does go to MLS we can expect huge changes afoot.

If he stays then i wouldnt be shocked to see pennington or jags stay to act as 4th CB.
Wholesale changes in one window don’t work as we have seen.
2 new CB and a new LB and a shortened pre season is no recipe for success

It's just the same how I felt when Martinez, koeman, Unsworth and bfs. Not much evidence that they can take us to the next level and win things. Just a bit of a gamble and hoping them themselves will up their game and become better taking us with them. More hope than anything.

So I'm kinda getting tired of these appointments.

Are you proposing that they will all be leaving?? Sorry haven't kept up with this thread!

Potentially over 3 windows, but we will not see a exodus like this in this window, not a chance. we might see 6/7 of them leave...

Gk - Pickford / ???
RB - Coleman / Kenny
RCB - Holgate / ???
LCB - ??? / Feeney
LB - ???/ ???
DM - Gana / Baningime
CM - ??? / ???
AM - Sigurdsson / Vlasic
LF - Onyekuru / Lookman
CF - ??? / Tosun / DCL
RF - Walcott / Dowell

If the 22 left we would need 8 new players, however you place the players around...thats the squad.

Ive stuck Feeney in as 4th choice and Onyekuru there too though.

I do feel we would need more like 10 new players and bearing in mind the amount we bought last year i think we could see as many as 7 players signed.

Perhaps more...id be shocked if we signed less than 7.

Agree but I’d rather see Keane given a chance with a new dominant CB than start 2 new CB
A new LB CM LW CB as starters is enough for one window.

Yep that to me is what I would look at the priority... tearing up the back line nearly completely 2 cb's and a lb is just never going to end well.

Gk - Pickford / ???
RB - Coleman / Kenny
RCB - Holgate / ???
LCB - ??? / Feeney
LB - ???/ ???
DM - Gana / Baningime
CM - ??? / ???
AM - Sigurdsson / Vlasic
LF - Onyekuru / Lookman
CF - ??? / Tosun / DCL
RF - Walcott / Dowell

If the 22 left we would need 8 new players, however you place the players around...thats the squad.

Ive stuck Feeney in as 4th choice and Onyekuru there too though.

I do feel we would need more like 10 new players and bearing in mind the amount we bought last year i think we could see as many as 7 players signed.

Perhaps more...id be shocked if we signed less than 7.

We will be lucky if we sign 7 players mate... you can bank on it (not including youth players there like for the u23's). We wont see a revolution, we will see about 7 players leave (maybe more if we get a bid for the likes of Bolasie), but we will not be bringing in huge amounts of players. We done that last season, it doesnt work.

We will probably see a signing in each key area, CB, LB, CM, LW and maybe striker.

After that I will be shocked if we bring in more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back