Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just under 100m, sales will help, but overall we will spend more this window than we did last summer.
We spent £40m net last summer, and that was after getting £90m for Lukaku. There's no way we'll get shut of a shed load of players and spend over £40m.

I'm all in favour of shipping players out - but those bought last season are often one and the same thing. Also, you're avoiding the issue of Moshiri drawing horns in over spending. That £200M frittered away during Koemageddon will be causing us to claw back cash each transfer window for the next few years. You seem to just have appreciated that because until just lately you were informing us that the spending would continue apace.

We have 40 first team players David.

Are you suggesting we ignore that fact and buy another 5-6 players without addressing that?

No. I never have discounted that. I was clear that the massive wastage from Koemageddon would have to be reckoned with for the foreseeable. I talked about recycling cash from that process and you were of the opinion (until today I think) that the good times were still rolling under the Mosh.

I welcome the fact that you're now on message. :coffee:

I think you are mistaken, I have been beating the "shed the dross" drum for a long time now, we have people who we are paying a pretty penny that havent and will not contribute to Everton.

Whether thats Koeman, Walsh fault, it doesnt matter, its Evertons problem, its Marcel Brands problem and Marcel doesnt deal with problems, he deals with solutions.

So step aside and watch how a genius works.

Moshiri is only guilty of trusting too much, he trusted and invested heavily into his DoF and his manager, it was a mistake, but hes man enough to admit that mistake and change things, hes not burying his head in the sand, hes made changes.

Hes a businessman, a very successful businessman, as ive already pointed out, COUNTLESS times, hes invested close to 300m into this football club so far and im pretty sure he will invest more when its needed.

If you think Marcel Brands left his safe Dutch haven to recycle players, you aint been paying attention.

We spent £40m net last summer, and that was after getting £90m for Lukaku. There's no way we'll get shut of a shed load of players and spend over £40m.

I guess we see, I mean ive yet to be wrong, so I know who im backing.

You're wasting your time here @davek I've already quoted him 12 months ago in the keane thread mocking me for saying we need to clear out players before we sign new ones...

In fact take a look at last years central midfield options;
Gibson
Schneiderlin
Barry
Barkley
Gana
Davies
McCarthy
(and no doubt others ive forgotten)

Apparently we had 'enough players' and shouldn't spend any money on new ones as we had 'other priorities'. That was after I suggested the only ones to keep were Davies/Gana/Barkley(if possible) and Schneiderlin(just been signed) and to add 2 more players in.

Sell
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Klaassen
Rooney
Sigurdsson (if someone is foolish enough to make a decent offer)

Keep
Gana
Davies
Baningime
Vlasic

Goat is very predictable...no doubt he will reply using one of the following responses;

1 -- I don't understand.
2 -- That's not true
3 -- Whats your point
4 -- Something with a mocking tone

Alternatively he goes into flip/flop or 'flim/flam' mode where he agrees with you, only to disagree with you.

It's pretty basic stuff to see which players are good enough at a squad level and that we need 2 new centre midfielders signed AFTER the 5 sales listed above.

You're wasting your time here @davek I've already quoted him 12 months ago in the keane thread mocking me for saying we need to clear out players before we sign new ones...

In fact take a look at last years central midfield options;
Gibson
Schneiderlin
Barry
Barkley
Gana
Davies
McCarthy
(and no doubt others ive forgotten)

Apparently we had 'enough players' and shouldn't spend any money on new ones as we had 'other priorities'. That was after I suggested the only ones to keep were Davies/Gana/Barkley(if possible) and Schneiderlin(just been signed) and to add 2 more players in.

Sell
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Klaassen
Rooney
Sigurdsson (if someone is foolish enough to make a decent offer)

Keep
Gana
Davies
Baningime
Vlasic

Goat is very predictable...no doubt he will reply using one of the following responses;

1 -- I don't understand.
2 -- That's not true
3 -- Whats your point
4 -- Something with a mocking tone

Alternatively he goes into flip/flop or 'flim/flam' mode where he agrees with you, only to disagree with you.

It's pretty basic stuff to see which players are good enough at a squad level and that we need 2 new centre midfielders signed AFTER the 5 sales listed above.

That's not true, I don't understand, Whats your point, dont you have an under 12s game to watch somewhere?

12months ago our midfield options were very different.

We had McCarthy, Morgan had just played out of his skin for 6months and we still had Barkley.

So when I said we didnt need any midfielders we had :

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
James McCarthy*
Gareth Barry*
Tom Davies

ACM
Ross Barkley*

And this is the comment I made at the time :

CM- An area we are thankfully rammed full of utter quality, the 1 complaint I would have is that, young Tom aside, the others I would consider number 6s and theres a lack of REAL number 8s, maybe some movement here with Jamo falling foul of Ronny and possibly Gaz Baz making a move elsewhere to get more game time. Of course the Bosnian Prince will be at full fitness just in time to claim the ballon.
ACM- WHAT HAVE WE GOT? But for how much longer, I will try and avoid speculation, but please Ross!!!!! Stay or goes, we have needed some cover in this area for years!! This needs fixing ASAP.

Then Barkley got injured.

At the time we had 7 players, I said a few times we needed a number 8 and I also said if we moved on Barry we would need somebody else.

I also said a lot of times we needed somebody in the ACM role, I said we didnt need anymore DMs, thats the only thing I ever said.

I mean you say im very predictable and I am, I literally do a post every single year where I talk about what I think the squad needs, it changes from season to season, month to month.

If you wanna try and mug me off Zat, please, get up earlier.

And for the record, my whole "falling out the cupboards" comment was me taking the pee out of Davek.

Because he was being overhyped back then, as I tried to tell you.

He's bang average, we had midfielders falling out of cupboards and that Dutch divvy threw £20M at United for him when he could barely get on their bench.

Others knew best though. I doff my cap to their judgement.

Mangala is playing atm fam, hes regarded as 1 of the worst CBs in the league.

The other arent terrible like, but with regards Nzonzi, a very fine player, but we have DMs falling out the cupboards, unless we can shift 2 or 3 the last we need is another DM.

You can now say sorry and I will forget you ever spoke.

That's not true, I don't understand, Whats your point, dont you have an under 12s game to watch somewhere?

12months ago our midfield options were very different.

We had McCarthy, Morgan had just played out of his skin for 6months and we still had Barkley.

So when I said we didnt need any midfielders we had :

DM/CM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Idrissa Gueye
James McCarthy*
Gareth Barry*
Tom Davies
ACM

Ross Barkley*

And this is the comment I made at the time :

CM- An area we are thankfully rammed full of utter quality, the 1 complaint I would have is that, young Tom aside, the others I would consider number 6s and theres a lack of REAL number 8s, maybe some movement here with Jamo falling foul of Ronny and possibly Gaz Baz making a move elsewhere to get more game time. Of course the Bosnian Prince will be at full fitness just in time to claim the ballon.
ACM- WHAT HAVE WE GOT? But for how much longer, I will try and avoid speculation, but please Ross!!!!! Stay or goes, we have needed some cover in this area for years!! This needs fixing ASAP.

Then Barkley got injured.

At the time we had 7 players, I said a few times we needed a number 8 and I also said if we moved on Barry we would need somebody else.

I also said a lot of times we needed somebody in the ACM role, I said we didnt need anymore DMs, thats the only thing I ever said.

I mean you say im very predictable and I am, I literally do a post every single year where I talk about what I think the squad needs, it changes from season to season, month to month.

If you wanna try and mug me off Zat, please, get up earlier.

Ive already 'mugged you off' in the Keane thread with two direct quotes of yours pertaining to not needing any ins/outs in midfield...12 months ago.

If you change season to season / month to month (reality: week to week, day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute) then why would you (albeit inarticulately) attempt to put me down for stating that 2 box to box CMs are needed (12months ago) one as starter and one as competition? Additionally that half the midfield should be punted.

Its nonsensical.

In the financial year ending next week, Everton sold 112mio of players and bought 190mio. Cash flow/working capital management probably saw a net cash outflow from that activity in the vicinity of around 50mio
Operationally, cash flow was positive to the tune of about 20mio.

So net debt (in whatever form that assumes), increased around 30mio.

I can't see Everton spending anything at all over what's received from player sales.

Koeman and Walsh really stymied this club.

In the financial year ending next week, Everton sold 112mio of players and bought 190mio. Cash flow/working capital management probably saw a net cash outflow from that activity in the vicinity of around 50mio
Operationally, cash flow was positive to the tune of about 20mio.

So net debt (in whatever form that assumes), increased around 30mio.

I can't see Everton spending anything at all over what's received from player sales.

Koeman and Walsh really stymied this club.

We are far from skint my frandel.

“Silva left Hull for Watford last summer andsigned Tom Cleverley from Everton in a deal worth £8m.

Watford lost just one of their opening nine games and following a win over Arsenal, Cleverley gave his manager a glowing reference.

GettyImages-453039858.jpg

Marco Silva (Image: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images)
He is trying to change our mentality of being a club that maybe settles for drawing games,” he told talkSPORT after the game.

“He wants to turn us into a club that goes in with a mentality of believing in ourselves every game. That is exactly what he said at half-time and I thought that changed the game. We were a little bit tentative in the first half.

“As a manager, he has got that perfect balance of having a bit of a fear factor and being approachable at the same time.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/evertons-past-present-give-marco-14692318

After what we’ve just been served up, that will be so refreshing. Going to the likes of the pit or the Emirates and going there to win the game, rather than thinking a point would be a huge success would be fantastic. Might still end up losing of course, but go to these places and have a good go ffs. That’s why our record at the top grounds has been utterly horrific because we’ve had “knife to a gunfight” managers who go there as a damage limitation exercise.

You’re not going to get a brilliant record at these grounds obviously because they’re simply better than us and have been for a while. But it definitely should be far better than the embarrassing record we have.

Smaller clubs than us have better records there because they’re had managers who go there and have a good go. Think we might get an unexpected result or two next season.

(n)lollollol

This forum can be amazing sometimes lol... i had to scroll up to remind myself of which thread i was in lol , no thread policing there by the way just legit entertained by the davek and zat vs moutsgoat debate....long may it continue:celebrate:

Marco Silva then, anybody know where i can find a list of transfers HE has made would like to compare next to my one of Marcel Brands and see what we are in for

Either way i’m excited for some attacking football next year

“Silva left Hull for Watford last summer andsigned Tom Cleverley from Everton in a deal worth £8m.

Watford lost just one of their opening nine games and following a win over Arsenal, Cleverley gave his manager a glowing reference.

GettyImages-453039858.jpg

Marco Silva (Image: PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images)
He is trying to change our mentality of being a club that maybe settles for drawing games,” he told talkSPORT after the game.

“He wants to turn us into a club that goes in with a mentality of believing in ourselves every game. That is exactly what he said at half-time and I thought that changed the game. We were a little bit tentative in the first half.

“As a manager, he has got that perfect balance of having a bit of a fear factor and being approachable at the same time.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/evertons-past-present-give-marco-14692318

After what we’ve just been served up, that will be so refreshing. Going to the likes of the pit or the Emirates and going there to win the game, rather than thinking a point would be a huge success would be fantastic. Might still end up losing of course, but go to these places and have a good go ffs. That’s why our record at the top grounds has been utterly horrific because we’ve had “knife to a gunfight” managers who go there as a damage limitation exercise.

You’re not going to get a brilliant record at these grounds obviously because they’re simply better than us and have been for a while. But it definitely should be far better than the embarrassing record we have.

Smaller clubs than us have better records there because they’re had managers who go there and have a good go. Think we might get an unexpected result or two next season.
Sin miedo .... So to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back