Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVB has MUCH better credentials than Silva.

he is available.

and has a much better premier league record.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr...d/148/datum_zu/2012-07-01/datum_ab/2013-12-16

I actually wouldn’t be averse to AVB but not sure he would come, didn’t he stop managing to get a motorbike or something? Has that ended now? The shouts for Conte need to go away though. Yeah he won the league last year, but has struggled this year and from what I’ve heard, have served up some pretty dour football. I mean, it would still be an upgrade on sam, but I’d rather not.

yes in November 2017, in China.

its all there in the link

His goal was to get enough dough and retire to go and do the Dakar Rally...

I seriously doubt he has the desire to get back into football - an interview with him in 2013 said he aims to get out as soon as he can because living as a football manager for 11 months is extreme pressure and he wants to retire early enough to do the Dakar Rally.

That worked well, considering he has now retired form that.

Strange man by all accounts.

His goal was to get enough dough and retire to go and do the Dakar Rally...

I seriously doubt he has the desire to get back into football - an interview with him in 2013 said he aims to get out as soon as he can because living as a football manager for 11 months is extreme pressure and he wants to retire early enough to do the Dakar Rally.

That worked well, considering he has now retired form that.

Strange man by all accounts.

bring a blue home !

sound right up our street!

yes in November 2017, in China.

its all there in the link

Apart from Zenit where he spent 26 months as manager, his longest spell in charge of a club is his 18 months at Spurs, hardly long term, plus walking away from football to go rally driving doesn't smack of the intensity required for premiership football.

In fact when he left Spurs and joined Zenit he commented that he did not want to expose himself to the pressure of the English league any longer

Lastly, his tactics while successful in Europe at the slower pace were not suited to the English game.

In other words, He's a no no.

Apart from Zenit where he spent 26 months as manager, his longest spell in charge of a club is his 18 months at Spurs, hardly long term, plus walking away from football to go rally driving doesn't smack of the intensity required for premiership football.

In fact when he left Spurs and joined Zenit he commented that he did not want to expose himself to the pressure of the English league any longer

Lastly, his tactics while successful in Europe at the slower pace were not suited to the English game.

In other words, He's a no no.

thanks for your evaluation.

people have a way of changing their minds, happens all the time ££££££££££££

Allow me.

Silva made his displeasure known in press conferences after the window shut because he wanted to buy Ranocchia from Inter and Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal was instead given Wague from Udinese and Zeegelaar from Sporting, both of who were awful sub-standard defenders. So much so that he basically froze them out until injuries meant he had to play them. But it’s not correct to say his two targets went on to do well as Ranocchia barely plays at Inter and Gibbs went down with WBA while on a monster wage.

Silva definitely had a hand in signing Richarlison as a we had a bid accepted by his club but he was on his way to Ajax. Silva called him and that persuaded him to come to WFC - I imagine speaking Portuguese helped. But crucially, for the sake of your discussions about how Silva/transfers, we targeted Richarlison well before Silva arrived and it’s been made public that we’d scouted him for over a year. So he was never Silva’s target but he did convince him.

Silva, from our experience, will work under the conditions of someone else providing the players - just be careful of his mood if you don’t get the profile of player he wants.

The 2 defenders he requested...one from Ukraine and another from Russia.

Cool story you have there...ask one of your ITK posters on your forum who they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back