Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could have put your money on Everton being the last out of ourselves Arsenal and West Ham to announce a new manager.

Its early days yet of course.

But I personally think we will finish above both these teams myself.

Whilst I think both Zombiegreni and Emery are decent managers, I consider both of them shocking fits for the club they have just signed for.

It is hard to make meaningful comparisons between managers nowadays, due to how skewed the finances are. Pep is said to be the best, but he has only worked with the best.

The thing I do not like about Silva is his lack of loyalty, which is demonstrated by his constant bouncing from club to club and, more pointedly, his antics last season at Watford.

Pellegrini won’t make the new year can vault me on that.
I thought Moyes would have been ideal for them. He has a track record of building up underperforming teams into competitive outfits.

I think he probably dodged a bullet though, given how reluctant he was to sign a deal.

Leicester or burnley ?

You have been constantly wetting your nickers over Silva. Almost to a point of hatred. You fire alternatives like bullets from a gun.

Carvalhal
Bruce Arena
Bloke who left red bull
Mark Hughes
Fulham Boss, who had already joined Stoke by the way.
And so on.

Yet when I ask you to name 3 credible long term candidates you can only name 2, Van Gaal and Anchelotti. As I explained in my last reply to you both left Utd and Byern respectively after player revolts. Plus Van Gaal is too old and Anchelotti would never come. Oh and they are not long term.

So I ask again, It's very easy to criticise a potential appointment without offering a credible alternative, and saying things like "we need a big name" or "proven track record" don't count. The last time I checked there wasn't a manager with the name Proven track record.

So over to you, I will make it easy, just give me 2 names that would realistically come to the club, that would meet the long term aims of the board and that would play the sort of football they want.

You have been constantly wetting your nickers over Silva. Almost to a point of hatred. You fire alternatives like bullets from a gun.

Carvalhal
Bruce Arena
Bloke who left red bull
Mark Hughes
Fulham Boss, who had already joined Stoke by the way.
And so on.

Yet when I ask you to name 3 credible long term candidates you can only name 2, Van Gaal and Anchelotti. As I explained in my last reply to you both left Utd and Byern respectively after player revolts. Plus Van Gaal is too old and Anchelotti would never come. Oh and they are not long term.

So I ask again, It's very easy to criticise a potential appointment without offering a credible alternative, and saying things like "we need a big name" or "proven track record" don't count. The last time I checked there wasn't a manager with the name Proven track record.

So over to you, I will make it easy, just give me 2 names that would realistically come to the club, that would meet the long term aims of the board and that would play the sort of football they want.

villas boas and hiddink ... I honestly don't know. I am not a director of football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back