Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find her profile on www.xtreme-gilfs.com if that's your thing mate ;)

:(
upload_2018-5-23_13-0-28.webp

We also need to remember that Silva/ANO will be HC not manager. It is Brands making the long-term decisions about football strategy and the 'Everton Way' which encompasses everything from a broad statement of how we aspire to play down to the nuts and bolts of how we organise everything from training facilities, coaching, support staff, sports science/medicine and transfers.

Silva will have influence e.g. we need a player in position X with these attributes but it will be Brands who finds the players and makes the final call on who stays/goes and manages resource prioritisation/squad building. Brands was successful elsewhere because he worked hand in glove with his head coaches and listened to them, rather than just dictating to them, but make no mistake he chooses them to fit in with his approach and not vice versa.

As fans we are all focused on Silva because we are used to thinking "manager" but his job is really just to coach the players Brands gives him and get them playing to their best ability. People judging him on half-arsed analysis of his time at Hull and Watford need to just take a step back, accept that he is the guy and give him the support and time he needs.

And then they lost.

Not sure what the point you were making there was.

Was this supposed to paint him in a good light?

I can't think of anything to praise him for over coughing up a 2-0 lead to an Everton side devoid of confidence. Talk about the penalty if you want like but they still have us another two goals after that.
Yes he lost on purpose to keep us up so he can take the job in the summer, Bring a blue home.

We also need to remember that Silva/ANO will be HC not manager. It is Brands making the long-term decisions about football strategy and the 'Everton Way' which encompasses everything from a broad statement of how we aspire to play down to the nuts and bolts of how we organise everything from training facilities, coaching, support staff, sports science/medicine and transfers.

Silva will have influence e.g. we need a player in position X with these attributes but it will be Brands who finds the players and makes the final call on who stays/goes and manages resource prioritisation/squad building. Brands was successful elsewhere because he worked hand in glove with his head coaches and listened to them, rather than just dictating to them, but make no mistake he chooses them to fit in with his approach and not vice versa.

As fans we are all focused on Silva because we are used to thinking "manager" but his job is really just to coach the players Brands gives him and get them playing to their best ability. People judging him on half-arsed analysis of his time at Hull and Watford need to just take a step back, accept that he is the guy and give him the support and time he needs.

this is the ONLY way I can see it working.

marco silva will have to be prepared to take orders and be told on what players are best suited where etc etc.

I do not think he has worked under a Dof before.. I cant find any evidence of this alltho I may be wrong.. can anyone clarify this.

obv working under a DoF that you do not know is also a big risk in itself, as it would be with any new manager coming in, unless they have worked together before (van gaal)

That's quite possibly the lowest bar in football.
Not quite, but I know what you mean.

Don't know why you're arguing with me anyway mate. Somebody said it was an easy run of games and I just pointed out that playing 5 out of the top 7 in 11 wasn't an easy run of games. Which it clearly wasn't.

Not quite, but I know what you mean.

Don't know why you're arguing with me anyway mate. Somebody said it was an easy run of games and I just pointed out that playing 5 out of the top 7 in 11 wasn't an easy run of games. Which it clearly wasn't.

4 mate.

And then they lost.

Not sure what the point you were making there was.

Was this supposed to paint him in a good light?

I can't think of anything to praise him for over coughing up a 2-0 lead to an Everton side devoid of confidence. Talk about the penalty if you want like but they still have us another two goals after that.
In fairness the substitute goalie had a mare and the general consensus was that we were very fortunate to come away with 3 points.

Watford had an easy'ish start to last season, unlike our own which was truly absurd.

this would be why Silva got off to a great start

Liverpool home D
Bournemouth away W
brighton Home D
Southampton away W
man city home L
swasea away W
west brom away D
arsenal home W
Chelsea away L
stoke home L
everton away L

So he didn't do too bad for a squad he had inherited (except for Richarleson) and only had been working with for 3 months. If we are 15 point from 11 next season I'll be content with that knowing that more tweaking will take place while the new Management and Squad get to grips with the new techniques and getting to understand the new systems.

Hahah based on what?

Silva > Pep the bald fraud.

Excellent stuff this.
Not sure I follow. What do you mean by "based on what?"? Do you mean it is possible that Watford would be top, with the squad they had last season, had a top manager been in charge of them?

I've made no mention or insinuation that Silva is better than him. Just said I wouldn't expect an average team to perform like a top team because they have a good manager. Benitez at Newcastle being a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back