Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
watfords next run of 11 games garnered just 9 pts...

9pts from a possible 33 !!

that was uptill January 2nd.. so from the everton away defeat on 5th nov to jan 2nd.

not sure when Silva actually left, but those results are quite worrying ALL in ALL.

Watford had an easy'ish start to last season, unlike our own which was truly absurd.

this would be why Silva got off to a great start

Liverpool home D
Bournemouth away W
brighton Home D
Southampton away W
man city home L
swasea away W
west brom away D
arsenal home W
Chelsea away L
stoke home L
everton away L

so after that run of games he was sitting near the top of the league and had Moshiri drooling over him, and still is.

what is so great about that run of games. they played the 3 relegated teams and got 4 pts.

total of 14 pts from 11 games.

it all went downhill from there for them
It was 15 points, and errrrmm Watford.

watfords next run of 11 games garnered just 9 pts...

9pts from a possible 33 !!

that was uptill January 2nd.. so from the everton away defeat on 5th nov to jan 2nd.

not sure when Silva actually left, but those results are quite worrying ALL in ALL.
Us tapping him up and him wanting to leave and that transmitting to the dressing room had nothing to do with that run......obviously.

He had a gash Watford squad and they were comfortably above us and were 2-0 up at Goodison before they choked and Cleverly missed a penalty.

see my post above mate. its quite shocking really
I know mate but you just have to accept it as an inevitability. It is happening, we don't like it but it is and when he's signed we have to hope for the best.

Us going on about how he's very much not all that isn't going to stop the wheels in motion here.

It's Moshiri's train set now and we're all just along for the ride.

Agreed. Only Richarlison BUT if im not mistaken there was a former defender of his signed for pennies or a free once the board rejected his 2 main defensive targets (who have done very well since apparently)
Allow me.

Silva made his displeasure known in press conferences after the window shut because he wanted to buy Ranocchia from Inter and Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal was instead given Wague from Udinese and Zeegelaar from Sporting, both of who were awful sub-standard defenders. So much so that he basically froze them out until injuries meant he had to play them. But it’s not correct to say his two targets went on to do well as Ranocchia barely plays at Inter and Gibbs went down with WBA while on a monster wage.

Silva definitely had a hand in signing Richarlison as a we had a bid accepted by his club but he was on his way to Ajax. Silva called him and that persuaded him to come to WFC - I imagine speaking Portuguese helped. But crucially, for the sake of your discussions about how Silva/transfers, we targeted Richarlison well before Silva arrived and it’s been made public that we’d scouted him for over a year. So he was never Silva’s target but he did convince him.

Silva, from our experience, will work under the conditions of someone else providing the players - just be careful of his mood if you don’t get the profile of player he wants.

He had a gash Watford squad and they were comfortably above us and were 2-0 up at Goodison before they choked and Cleverly missed a penalty.
And then they lost.

Not sure what the point you were making there was.

Was this supposed to paint him in a good light?

I can't think of anything to praise him for over coughing up a 2-0 lead to an Everton side devoid of confidence. Talk about the penalty if you want like but they still have us another two goals after that.

Allow me.

Silva made his displeasure known in press conferences after the window shut because he wanted to buy Ranocchia from Inter and Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal was instead given Wague from Udinese and Zeegelaar from Sporting, both of who were awful sub-standard defenders. So much so that he basically froze them out until injuries meant he had to play them. But it’s not correct to say his two targets went on to do well as Ranocchia barely plays at Inter and Gibbs went down with WBA while on a monster wage.

Silva definitely had a hand in signing Richarlison as a we had a bid accepted by his club but he was on his way to Ajax. Silva called him and that persuaded him to come to WFC - I imagine speaking Portuguese helped. But crucially, for the sake of your discussions about how Silva/transfers, we targeted Richarlison well before Silva arrived and it’s been made public that we’d scouted him for over a year. So he was never Silva’s target but he did convince him.

Silva, from our experience, will work under the conditions of someone else providing the players - just be careful of his mood if you don’t get the profile of player he wants.

If he’s holding Everton to account because the quality of players isn’t good enough then that’s a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back