Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the transfer window hasn’t officially opened yet. Nor did I say that everyone else had already bought their players - the only ones I’m aware of were pre-agreed, being Keita to the RS and Perreira from porto to Leicester.

Nonetheless, Moyes left West Ham on the same day as we sacked Allardyce and they’ve already announced Pellegrini, in my opinion a better (and certainly more proven) manager than Silva. Once he’s finally in, he’ll need to sit down with Brands and the board to discuss potential plans and transfers, etc, etc. My point was that everything with Everton drags out so long. Think of the Koeman appointment and how slow our dealings were after he arrived and took all his bloody holidays.

In a World Cup year, it is imperative to hit the ground running and do business early, including getting a bloody manager in.
There really is no excuse for this delay. Is anyone still buying this "Watford complications" line? That sounds like standard EFC friendly journo fed BS. Has anyone at Watford or Everton been quoted directly on that claim and verified the continued 'spat'? No.

It's typical Everton. The last three FT managers were appointed after a long song and dance due to the failure to prepare for a smooth transition. I would not bet against this saga dragging on into a third week. I'm convinced now that Silva has served as a smokescreen for a club again making plans on the hoof and that the managerial search is only just underway. I'd forget next week if you're waiting for a new managerial announcement. Pencil in mid-June if this club's recent record is anything to go by.

There really is no excuse for this delay. Is anyone still buying this "Watford complications" line? That sounds like standard EFC friendly journo fed BS. Has anyone at Watford or Everton been quoted directly on that claim and verified the continued 'spat'? No.

It's typical Everton. The last three FT managers were appointed after a long song and dance due to the failure to prepare for a smooth transition. I would not bet against this saga dragging on into a third week. I'm convinced now that Silva has served as a smokescreen for a club again making plans on the hoof and that the managerial search is only just underway. I'd forget next week if you're waiting for a new managerial announcement. Pencil in mid-June if this club's recent record is anything to go by.

The date of his Watford contract expiry make sense and could be an explanation. As could they are waiting for that to pass so they can do the presser with both him and Brands together.

Let’s hope it is this and not the usual bumbling around in the dark approach we have become so accustomed to.

Just thought i would point out that it is only 9 days since Allardyce got sacked. Not exactly what i would call ages and the new Manager will probably be in place next week. Everton have to get this appointment absolutely spot on so we just need to be a tad bit more patient i think. :)

Allardyce has been a dead man walking for the best part of 6 mths. They’ve known he wasn’t getting past a 6 mth period hence the original contract offer.

Yet here we are messing about, window open, World Cup round the corner - shambles as per usual.

The date of his Watford contract expiry make sense and could be an explanation. As could they are waiting for that to pass so they can do the presser with both him and Brands together.

Let’s hope it is this and not the usual bumbling around in the dark approach we have become so accustomed to.
The break clause: a matter of people putting two and two together and coming up with five?

As far as I'm aware it was an end of first season pause to review matters...if he'd have stayed at Watford and not been sacked already...which he was.

It's all amateur sleuthing.

If Silva is done, or close to it, then there may be a case for postponing an announcement in the light of that game tomorrow, and the deeply traumatic events that may follow as a result into the beginning of next week.

If Brands is genuinely considering other candidates, then I think that is no bad thing provided we make an appointment soon. None of this is on him not even having officially started in his own job.

Things need to settle down, and we need to shift players and bring in some new ones, but not in a manner replicating that of last summer. The balance has to be right between making the right decisions and not rushing in making the wrong ones.

If Brands is the competent figure he is presented as, then he and the new manager will still have enough time to take decisions in June and early July.

I'd expect Silva to be confirmed by the middle of next week. If not then, then the idea that Brands wants to go down the route of hiring his own man gains more credence by the day.

The break clause: a matter of people putting two and two together and coming up with five?

As far as I'm aware it was an end of first season pause to review matters...if he'd have stayed at Watford and not been sacked already...which he was.

It's all amateur sleuthing.

Love a bit of amateur sleuthing me.

29th May - vault me!

If Silva is done, or close to it, then there may be a case for postponing an announcement in the light of that game tomorrow, and the deeply traumatic events that may follow as a result into the beginning of next week.

If Brands is genuinely considering other candidates, then I think that is no bad thing provided we make an appointment soon. None of this is on him not even having officially started in his own job.

Things need to settle down, and we need to shift players and bring in some new ones, but not in a manner replicating that of last summer. The balance has to be right between making the right decisions and not rushing in making the wrong ones.

If Brands is the competent figure he is presented as, then he and the new manager will still have enough time to take decisions in June and early July.

I'd expect Silva to be confirmed by the middle of next week. If not then, then the idea that Brands wants to go down the route of hiring his own man gains more credence by the day.
That's a feasible argument I've used myself. But at the same time it doesn't account for why he wasn't installed the Monday after Allardyce left. IMO the Watford stuff is BS.

I just dont think the club are at the races. Again.

thats more than obvious but some people are blind. it would have been alex fergusons greatest achievement to keep that hull side up.

And yet.

That is what Silva had done to all intents and purposes going into a home game against already relegated Sunderland on Matchday 36 :)

If he is to be given credit for getting Hull out of the relegation zone then his credentials need to be questioned over the collapse which eventually doomed them with three games to go, two of them immensely winnable :pint2:

(their next game was away to Palace, a game in which they conceded four goals.....yes, four goals, against a Sam Allardyce team :Blink:)

I for one refuse to “blind” myself to the fact they were out the relegation zone with three games left and proceeded to lose all three by a combined total of 13-1:(

I am not saying he won’t be a good fit here.....just refusing to buy into the “oh he worked a miracle at Hull” myth.

He did not ;)

Why would either club say anything whilst in negotiations Dave? That would weaken their hand. Going with your theory of mid June, have you seen any direct quotes to back this up??

Well the transfer window hasn’t officially opened yet. Nor did I say that everyone else had already bought their players - the only ones I’m aware of were pre-agreed, being Keita to the RS and Perreira from porto to Leicester.

Nonetheless, Moyes left West Ham on the same day as we sacked Allardyce and they’ve already announced Pellegrini, in my opinion a better (and certainly more proven) manager than Silva. Once he’s finally in, he’ll need to sit down with Brands and the board to discuss potential plans and transfers, etc, etc. My point was that everything with Everton drags out so long. Think of the Koeman appointment and how slow our dealings were after he arrived and took all his bloody holidays.

In a World Cup year, it is imperative to hit the ground running and do business early, including getting a bloody manager in.
Do you seriously believe that Brands and Silva have not spoken or that decisions have not been made about the players to come in and go out ?

Why would either club say anything whilst in negotiations Dave? That would weaken their hand. Going with your theory of mid June, have you seen any direct quotes to back this up??

They're apparently saying a lot of things to the media that would wreck any goodwiill in negotiations if the stories peddled by the press are true.

I dont see any material evidence for this Watford road-block. None of any official description. I see journalists using click-bait and Everton supporters adding their own two cents worth to the brew, but that's about it.

Why wouldn't anyone come to the conclusion that, in reality, we're at the beginning of a managerial hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back