Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce has been a dead man walking for the best part of 6 mths. They’ve known he wasn’t getting past a 6 mth period hence the original contract offer.

Yet here we are messing about, window open, World Cup round the corner - shambles as per usual.

Allardyce conned an 18 month contract out of us meaning that contractually we couldn't 'officially' do anything till his contract was terminated. There obviously was stuff going on in the background but it would look a bit obvious if Silva was in place just a couple of days after Allardyce being sacked especially with the tapping up accusations and complaints.

Since he was sacked 9 days ago Everton have restructured the board, sacked the previous DOF, appointed a new very promising DOF who even though he doesn't start till the 1st June is already doing tons of stuff in the background including talks with Silva.

Loads has happened and 9 days is very little time at all. Certainly not a shambles at the moment anyway. It is all looking very positive and promising to me currently

Why do we even care when it’s announced?
Well I'd imagine it's so that we have some certainty in direction and avoid another elongated process that ended with Sam Allardyce taking over from Koeman via Unsworth.

After the season we've had, it's perfectly understandable.

Could also be a case with the CL final tomorrow we would get minimal air time, minimal exposure etc.

At least if we waited until net week then the dust would of died down and we would be the main story before the world cup news begins

27th of May...29th of May....all these significant dates in the calendar based on what exactly?
He joined Watford on the 27th of May 2017 , so I would assume he is on gardening leave till then and getting a job before that date may incur costs and/or compensation.

And yet.

That is what Silva had done to all intents and purposes going into a home game against already relegated Sunderland on Matchday 36 :)

If he is to be given credit for getting Hull out of the relegation zone then his credentials need to be questioned over the collapse which eventually doomed them with three games to go, two of them immensely winnable :pint2:

(their next game was away to Palace, a game in which they conceded four goals.....yes, four goals, against a Sam Allardyce team :Blink:)

I for one refuse to “blind” myself to the fact they were out the relegation zone with three games left and proceeded to lose all three by a combined total of 13-1:(

I am not saying he won’t be a good fit here.....just refusing to buy into the “oh he worked a miracle at Hull” myth.

He did not ;)

Well yes the fact he almost completed a miracle and then blew is a negative no doubt but at 40 yrs old I can forgive that.

They're apparently saying a lot of things to the media that would wreck any goodwiill in negotiations if the stories peddled by the press are true.

I dont see any material evidence for this Watford road-block. None of any official description. I see journalists using click-bait and Everton supporters adding their own two cents worth to the brew, but that's about it.

Why wouldn't anyone come to the conclusion that, in reality, we're at the beginning of a managerial hunt?
Don't rule out Eddie Howe.

Allardyce conned an 18 month contract out of us meaning that contractually we couldn't 'officially' do anything till his contract was terminated. There obviously was stuff going on in the background but it would look a bit obvious if Silva was in place just a couple of days after Allardyce being sacked especially with the tapping up accusations and complaints.

Since he was sacked 9 days ago Everton have restructured the board, sacked the previous DOF, appointed a new very promising DOF who even though he doesn't start till the 1st June is already doing tons of stuff in the background including talks with Silva.

Loads has happened and 9 days is very little time at all. Certainly not a shambles at the moment anyway. It is all looking very positive and promising to me currently
I think that Silva is already the manager just not announced. He will know the Everton squad from playing against them and in all probability has known since Christmas that this job was going to be his. I expect that he has seen every ball kicked in every game in the last five months by an Everton player.
Brands has been mentioned as the new DOF with several weeks as well.
No announcement has been made about Silva and no new players have been announced but I would bet that the targets are identified.

And yet.

That is what Silva had done to all intents and purposes going into a home game against already relegated Sunderland on Matchday 36 :)

If he is to be given credit for getting Hull out of the relegation zone then his credentials need to be questioned over the collapse which eventually doomed them with three games to go, two of them immensely winnable :pint2:

(their next game was away to Palace, a game in which they conceded four goals.....yes, four goals, against a Sam Allardyce team :Blink:)

I for one refuse to “blind” myself to the fact they were out the relegation zone with three games left and proceeded to lose all three by a combined total of 13-1:(

I am not saying he won’t be a good fit here.....just refusing to buy into the “oh he worked a miracle at Hull” myth.

He did not ;)
Can't believe we are looking at him as a major option when a manager who has won a treble that included a European trophy is possibly available to us.

If you read up, we offered that lot 12 mill but they said no. All money offers from Everton now withdrawn. That lot have complained to PL and are after revenge, they want us to be given a 5 point penalty before a ball is kiciked.
How about Watford go **** themselves. Pay them zilch. They sacked him and are probably in breach of the law with regards to harming Silva's right to seeking employment.

They're apparently saying a lot of things to the media that would wreck any goodwiill in negotiations if the stories peddled by the press are true.

I dont see any material evidence for this Watford road-block. None of any official description. I see journalists using click-bait and Everton supporters adding their own two cents worth to the brew, but that's about it.

Why wouldn't anyone come to the conclusion that, in reality, we're at the beginning of a managerial hunt?
Have you seen any material evidence to say this is going to drag on until mid June and that this is only the start of our search? You never answered that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back