Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
sBSLS9I_d.jpg

Seriously, I really don't want him here. I can't understand the logic behind hiring this guy. Every team ahead of us is improving big time and here we are about to hire Martinez 0.5

You just gotta get behind it mate, thats just it really.

I mean if it all goes wrong you can still say I told you so, but it COULD go the other way, just cling to that.

The logic is that hes a decent man manager, tactically aware and doesnt mind playing yoots.

Hes had his faults in the past, but hes a young manager so maybe hes learnt? Im sure hes been watching our games for the last 8 months so will know what the problems are and with Brands help maybe together they can fix them.

So just get behind him and hope for the best innit, the alternative is to fume every week and weres the fun in that?

You just gotta get behind it mate, thats just it really.

I mean if it all goes wrong you can still say I told you so, but it COULD go the other way, just cling to that.

The logic is that hes a decent man manager, tactically aware and doesnt mind playing yoots.

Hes had his faults in the past, but hes a young manager so maybe hes learnt? Im sure hes been watching our games for the last 8 months so will know what the problems are and with Brands help maybe together they can fix them.

So just get behind him and hope for the best innit, the alternative is to fume every week and weres the fun in that?

MarcelsGoat or MarcosGoat?

For me it’s a bit underwhelming but Brands is there and I’d be surprised if he’ll be a yes man for Moshiri.

Some of the biggest managers in football were on their knees before they had a touch of luck, SAF and our own HK were close to being sacked at one time.

Let’s get behind him and he might surprise a few.

Back from holiday. Resigned myself now that its going to be Silva. Sort of wanted Emery but saw that Arsenal got him. Not surprising as they were always going to be ahead of us as a better option right now.
So, I'll get behind Silva when he comes in.
Transfer dealings (early hopefully) will be important. Need 3 or 4 quality players in, and cull of the dross and the ageing players. Lets hope its a new dawning for us.

I remember all the "let's get behind him " posts when the gravy swiller was on his way. In this case I am more inclined to do so, but bringing him in seems such a 'fait accompli' which leads me to question whether we've completed a proper objective assessment of all of the potential candidates like arsenal did, or whether silvas face just fits, in which case things could very easily change if results don't turn out as expected and he'll be off again. I just want to see a bit of stability and some exciting football that encourages us all to believe that we're boss again.

We’re not a club who are at the level to be drawing in the biggest names yet. We need someone like Silva who can attract half decent players to turn us into a side challenging the top 6. He’ll have the financial backing and the right people around him (Brands) so hopefully he can concentrate on the team affairs, something he was good at at both Hull and Watford. With better players available to him, who knows what could happen.

He sounds like he gets the best out of his players, isn't that what we need ? We must have, considering what we spent last season, the biggest bunch of underperforming whoppers in football. Get rid of the deadwood, well as much as possible and bring in some pacy, classy replacements, three or four starters will do this year. Let's give it chance eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back