Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember all the "let's get behind him " posts when the gravy swiller was on his way. In this case I am more inclined to do so, but bringing him in seems such a 'fait accompli' which leads me to question whether we've completed a proper objective assessment of all of the potential candidates like arsenal did, or whether silvas face just fits, in which case things could very easily change if results don't turn out as expected and he'll be off again. I just want to see a bit of stability and some exciting football that encourages us all to believe that we're boss again.
Same here. Moshiri for some reason places more emphasis on Premier League experience. If Silva didn't have it, we'd most probably want him considered because he had a good record and was an exciting manager but I doubt he'd be considered by Moshiri. But now that we've seen Silva in action in the Premier League we aren't that keen but Moshiri is because he's got the experience. It's all a bit ironic.

Whatever happens with Silva, the next time we appoint a manager then Brands has to be in charge of the whole process and its needs to be thorough. Part of Brands job should be always keeping a tab on these things and having a shortlist of managers to approach/consider if the current manager doesn't work out.

A director of footy from a no mark league and a manager with a sacking and a relegation on his CV?

Is there anything more Everton?

I understand that you are concerned with the change, however it is essential.

Silvas experience may not be what some others offer, but he’s young and has an appetite to grow. For where we are right now, it’s difficult to get a manager that everyone will get behind from the off.

I remain positive that whoever is brought in will fit the direction we are headed. I do have some reservations but I’m prepared to give the new man a shot.

Can you imagine if we’d just appointed a 40 year old Klopp like Dortmund did 10 years ago, with no trophies, a relegation and a walk out after failing to get them promoted again, on his CV?

Heads would have properly fallen off! Dortmund clearly still saw something in him though and their faith paid off for them handsomely.

Can you imagine if we’d just appointed a 40 year old Klopp like Dortmund did 10 years ago, with no trophies, a relegation and a walk out after failing to get them promoted again, on his CV?

Heads would have properly fallen off! Dortmund clearly still saw something in him though and their faith paid off for them handsomely.
Apart from playing in finals obviously.

Same here. Moshiri for some reason places more emphasis on Premier League experience. If Silva didn't have it, we'd most probably want him considered because he had a good record and was an exciting manager but I doubt he'd be considered by Moshiri. But now that we've seen Silva in action in the Premier League we aren't that keen but Moshiri is because he's got the experience. It's all a bit ironic.

Whatever happens with Silva, the next time we appoint a manager then Brands has to be in charge of the whole process and its needs to be thorough. Part of Brands job should be always keeping a tab on these things and having a shortlist of managers to approach/consider if the current manager doesn't work out.
What makes you think Silva is the choice of Moshiri alone ?
Seeing as Moshiri has been in contact with Brands for 2 years now , I would hazard a guess Silva's appointment has been a joint decision. It looks to me theres been an awful lot going on behind the scene's.
I also think recruitment has been on going for a while now especially with Raiola working behind the scenes.
Once the managers announcement is made , I think we will see signings and outgoings very quickly concluded , especially for the 1st team. Thats my opinion like.

The level of detail he insists on hopefully leads to the clique being sold early on this summer. Baines and Jagielka and Williams are ageing players and cant/wont take instruction to that degree in the twilight of their careers. They're more likely to continue to make life difficult for any new manager. The advice to Silva should be to punt these obstructions before they try and reaffirm their power base in the dressing room. If he doesn't then he's pushing a boulder up a hill trying to get his message to the group across.

If we cant fetch a fee for them then just pay up their contracts and get shut of their toxicity.

The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
Excellent!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the various terrains of the season.

The level of detail he insists on hopefully leads to the clique being sold early on this summer. Baines and Jagielka and Williams are ageing players and cant/wont take instruction to that degree in the twilight of their careers. They're more likely to continue to make life difficult for any new manager. The advice to Silva should be to punt these obstructions before they try and reaffirm their power base in the dressing room. If he doesn't then he's pushing a boulder up a hill trying to get his message to the group across.

If we cant fetch a fee for them then just pay up their contracts and get shut of their toxicity.

I imagine people might have though similar of Tony Adams, Steve bould etc when Wenger took over. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks etc....

Excellent!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the various terrains of the season.
I feel we are honoured to have such a legendary military theorist contributing to this forum.
Can we expect submissions from von Clauswitz or Liddell - Hart in the future?
Surely a sign that great things may once again be upon us.

Reactions: Tak
At this stage, if he’s the man, then I just want him appointed on Friday with Brands.

Appointing any new manager will always carry a risk/unknown.

The thing that worries me the most about him is his seemingly flakey nature to do a Lord Lucan 12 months in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back