Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clique underperformed. They're the ones about to be binned as useless while Roberto marches on in the WC finals.
Nono, the whole team was panicing whenever teams started pushing us. Every time. A few players wasnt the problem, the manager and his tactics were. Had Martinez been able to rectify his shortcomings, this discussion would have been different, but he had 3 seasons to do it, but was never able to build something equal to what he had on top of Moyes’ defence and team building. A good manager would have made changes after his first season, because the wheels were starting to fall of, but he just kept trying the same thing every week, talking about how spectacular we were after being throughly beaten. I really liked Martinez, but he was/is in no way our saviour.

sBSLS9I_d.jpg

Seriously, I really don't want him here. I can't understand the logic behind hiring this guy. Every team ahead of us is improving big time and here we are about to hire Martinez 0.5

He's improved both teams he's managed in the prem (almost doubled Hull's win %) and also seen Watford get worse after he was fired so...

Before Silva
Hull City 16 3 3 10 18.8%
Watford 38 11 7 20 28.9%

With Marco Silva
Hull City 22 8 3 11 36.4%
Watford 26 8 5 13 30.8%

Watford after Silva
Watford 15 4 3 8 26.7%

*I did a lot of the maths myself so could be horribly wrong too

Not someone who really gets the excitement juices flowing is he?
Well, that's exactly what he is, actually. He sets his teams up to play attacking football, which is exactly what Sam didn't do
and is why we wanted him out. You don't always win enough matches playing expansive football, but you can if you gather a
squad that's good enough to do it. That is what he has to do and that's the test he faces.

Reading this and it sounds like exactly what we should be looking for - a modern coach, who will actually spend time with players and help them to improve. I love the idea of our boss being involved in the detail on the training ground, spending time with the players. I didn't see any of the previous two permanent managers training sessions so can't be sure, but I imagine this approach will be majorly different and in a way that appeals to the players. Last season I kept thinking how different the mood must have been for a Man City training session compared to a Big Sam one and this move gives me hope. NB I'm not suggesting we'll be at City's level, yet!

Don't understand all the upset here.

A) Could we hire someone better with where we are at the moment?
B) He will be working with someone who is meant to be a respected and successful DoF (may not prove to be so here but there are no guaranteed successes and is certainly better than having my old PE teacher doing it).
C) He turned around far worse teams than us pretty quickly.
D) At those clubs he was not there for a huge amount of time. I hope, if we were playing good football and showing instant signs of improvement, you lot won't be calling for a young manager's head for having a win percentage in the 30s. Like it or not, an appointment like this needs to be given time.
E) He has actually won stuff in a brief managerial career. Can't ask for him to have done much more than he has in so short a career!

Coach will sign a contract for three seasons
Now

Marco Silva and Everton have reached a full understanding and therefore the agreement for signature of contract completed: the Portuguese will be officially named as head coach of the Club from Liverpool before the end of the week, to rest.

Is for hours the announcement of a deal that will connect Marco Silva and Everton for three seasons.

Moreover, and as the Maisfutebol had already in advance, the two parties were yesterday morning too close to an understanding, the negotiations evolved favourably during the day at night was reached the agreement.

It should be noted, finally, that Everton have had wanted Marco Silva in the middle of last season, but the connection to Watford kept the change. Went to this interest that the Watford claimed cause of Marco Silva in early January.

In this way, Everton will become the third Club of Marco Silva in England, after Hull City, in 2016/17, and Watford, in 2017/18.

Nope. That's not true. We had a hopeless manager before them and they played for him.

They (the clique) picked and chose who they played for. The last vestiges of the Moyes era need to be binned ASAP.

It tells me we've had four useless managers.

I agree with you both. Martinez couldn’t acknowledge and address obvious problems, Koeman had no plan whatsoever with transfers and didn’t give a toss. Allardyce is Allardyce.

But at the same time the remaining Moyes players should have been getting phased out like 2/3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back