Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of detail he insists on hopefully leads to the clique being sold early on this summer. Baines and Jagielka and Williams are ageing players and cant/wont take instruction to that degree in the twilight of their careers. They're more likely to continue to make life difficult for any new manager. The advice to Silva should be to punt these obstructions before they try and reaffirm their power base in the dressing room. If he doesn't then he's pushing a boulder up a hill trying to get his message to the group across.

If we cant fetch a fee for them then just pay up their contracts and get shut of their toxicity.
No sure there is such a "power base " but several of the senior players and the likes of Schniders & Mirallas need punting but yes looks to be pretty much right this.
Think Rooney got the message pretty sharpish.

Adams and Keown - the pillar on which the defence rested - were late 20s. And none of the Arsenal players had a reputation for downing tools and having managers sacked.

You’re right, the complete opposite is true. George Graham was famous for signing players who were in stable relationships and for being a disciplinarian etc. Albeit the team had its fair share of downtime and troubled souls but the ethic was not in doubt. How else do you get a shift out of Ian Selly, David Hillier and Andy Linighan.

In some ways it’s good when players speak out, especially when change is needed. In our case most of the senior players need moving on anyway due to their age and dwindling abilities.

I am more positive about silva coming in now then I would have been in November.
The fee and expectation would have been high. For some reason, I feel silva now has to rebuild his reputation somewhat, also after a season with alardyce, I think fans might be more forgiving if the football is good but style and endeavour is strong.

You’re right, the complete opposite is true. George Graham was famous for signing players who were in stable relationships and for being a disciplinarian etc. Albeit the team had its fair share of downtime and troubled souls but the ethic was not in doubt. How else do you get a shift out of Ian Selly, David Hillier and Andy Linighan.

In some ways it’s good when players speak out, especially when change is needed. In our case most of the senior players need moving on anyway due to their age and dwindling abilities.

Bruce Rioch season in charge saw a lot players complaining. Tony Adams was at his worse in terms personal issues, Ian wright was agitating a move under rioch too. I doubt there were two stronger personalities in the dressing room.

I would say a lot of us would take Pochettino now, but a few years ago we would have said no way maybe. He has only managed Espanyol & Southampton before spurs and he didnt do anything spectacular. In 2009–10, Pochettino led Espanyol to a comfortable league position, but 2 seasons on he got sacked with Espanyol bottom of the league with 9 points from 13 games.

All managers are a risk and I think Silva deserves our backing from day one as he did show signs of promise and knows the premier league. With some financial backing and brands on board lets hope this is a marriage made in heaven.

Speaking out is ok as long as they aren't stabbing the group in the back and tanking games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back