Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true at all. 175 games played and picked up 200 points with 51 win and 47 draws. 1.14 ppg
So is very comparable with Silva with 1.17

Ha Ha,
OK so maths is not my strong point
s-l300.jpg

Because that’s the most reasonable and straightforward explanation. He’s the person with most influence and we approached Silva last year. Frankly I’m not buying this idea that Brands has been covertly working for Everton for most of this past season whilst employed by PSV. Contacting him and asking if he’s interested in the job is one thing planning who the new manager will be is another.
Well we'll just have to wait and see eh.
Even Allardyce quoted Brands coming in months ago couple that with Silva being mooted . All will be revealed in the coming days .
I dont think any other Coach or D.O.F. have been under consideration.
If any others were in the frame their agents would have blurted it to every news agency going cos thats what they do.
Apart from contractual and legal issues I think this has been sorted for some time.

This is my major concern! It happened at Watford, and look what happened to them. All we can hope for is that we have a few good seasons of his success before anyone starts sniffing. And maybe after that amount of time he'll feel some loyalty towards us? And if not, then at least he might have put us into a stronger situation so that the transition is smoother if he moves on.
Gosh I hope you are right. Just read an article about him and his connection with Caravalho, if he is able to bring him in with him I'll be a little more willing to have him here.

Some interesting views on the Watford forum:

“What always annoyed me was Silva's arrogance in August when we brought in the 2 last minute Udinese loanees plus Zeeglar .... can you imagine any other mid to bottom team manager reacting in such an insolent manner ? Our zonal marking and general defensive form were terrible but it was clear that Silva's approach to coaching for the Prem was plainly no good.
Above all he was appalling at energising the squad, to me he was only interested in our best 5 players and made it clear the others "were not good enough" for him ....
Terrible personality to have around. At least the new manager can take a good look at the squad and set them up in a way we can compete each game, rather than try and play the same way every single game !
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
Re: BYE BYE SILVA
by pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Silva really must have a dedicated PR team. The press are making out he's the most talented manager of the generation, despite relegating one side, and setting the groundwork for the next
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
by mark_wfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Also worth noting that watfordfc did not even wish Silva good luck, or even thank him for his work. That speaks volumes.”

Some interesting views on the Watford forum:

“What always annoyed me was Silva's arrogance in August when we brought in the 2 last minute Udinese loanees plus Zeeglar .... can you imagine any other mid to bottom team manager reacting in such an insolent manner ? Our zonal marking and general defensive form were terrible but it was clear that Silva's approach to coaching for the Prem was plainly no good.
Above all he was appalling at energising the squad, to me he was only interested in our best 5 players and made it clear the others "were not good enough" for him ....
Terrible personality to have around. At least the new manager can take a good look at the squad and set them up in a way we can compete each game, rather than try and play the same way every single game !
dorsetway
Gloryhorns Bench Warmer
by pog88 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Silva really must have a dedicated PR team. The press are making out he's the most talented manager of the generation, despite relegating one side, and setting the groundwork for the next
pog88
Gloryhorns 1st Teamer
by mark_wfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Also worth noting that watfordfc did not even wish Silva good luck, or even thank him for his work. That speaks volumes.”
So what mate. Selective quoting can make the case for any argument. Those same biffs were probably creaming their kecks over him before he got sacked and I know there's others on there who had nothing but good things to say about him. Just get behind the manager if he's appointed. Moyes isn't coming here, accept it as he never will be. Move on.

So what mate. Selective quoting can make the case for any argument. Those same biffs were probably creaming their kecks over him before he got sacked and I know there's others on there who had nothing but good things to say about him. Just get behind the manager if he's appointed. Moyes isn't coming here, accept it as he never will be. Move on.
All true enough, however the response to him seems overwhelmingly negative. At the very least it will be interesting to see if this lengthy persuit has been worth the effort!

What Silva did at Hull was verging on the miraculous. They were all but gone when he came in and he came agonisingly close to keeping them up. He also got them to a major semi-final.

He’s done well at every club he’s ever been at, unlike many of the other bookies’ favourites such as Moyes and Ranieri. Even Watford were still top 10 when Silva was sacked.

What Silva did at Hull was verging on the miraculous. They were all but gone when he came in and he came agonisingly close to keeping them up. He also got them to a major semi-final.

He’s done well at every club he’s ever been at, unlike many of the other bookies’ favourites such as Moyes and Ranieri. Even Watford were still top 10 when Silva was sacked.

Taking a club like Estoril from the lower reaches of Portugal's second tier (Segunda Liga) to the higher echelons of the Portuguese top-flight (Primeira Liga) was also extremely impressive.

I loved what he did at Olympiacos as well. He won his first SEVENTEEN matches there on the way to the title and trounced Arsenal in the Champions League.

Give me a break - Ranieri and Moyes have much more impressive CVs. Particularly Ranieri, who has managed the likes of Chelsea and Juventus, while winning the league with Leicester.

Did a good job. Was here for years and won nothing. Went to Utd and won nothing. Went elsewhere and won nothing.
Not particularly a good CV is it?
That’s not exactly true, given the Charity Shield is the English Super Cup. He also had us closer to silverware than any of his successors. More to the point, you actually felt like the team gave a crap when he was the manager, which counts for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back