Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will all have to wait and be patient with Silva, as at the moment we are miles away from the top 5/6.

So to get us giving hose teams a good game next season is a start, as someone said he got Hull to a semi final that lost to Utd. He beat Liverpool with Hull and Niasse up front.
Something we have not done in a long time.

From what his ex players have been saying he is a players manager who gets the best out of them.

That’s not exactly true, given the Charity Shield is the English Super Cup. He also had us closer to silverware than any of his successors. More to the point, you actually felt like the team gave a crap when he was the manager, which counts for something.
I am not denying the job Moyes did while he was here. I was more than happy with him as manager. However, he was never going to be the person to take us to the next level. He was what we needed at the time, he is NOT what we need now. If we appointed Moyes, we may as well just have left Allardyce in charge and saved paying the severance.

Silva isn't my first choice, but I would prefer him over the likes of Moyes or Ranieri.

Right you called Everton fans bitter. Putting 'some' in there doesn't change that fact. Be it one or some or all you still called Everton fans bitter.

Whether i believe there maybe bitter fans out there is irrelevant. Its context. You joined the forum today. Your first posts were about how awful everything is and how much you hate the club right now. You followed up with calling fans bitter.

Not exactly a great start on being accepted by genuine fans and posters on the forum. Hence you are getting called a wum, troll, redsh**e supporter etc...
Have not read original but is the point to give an opinion or to tell us what we want to hear? A bit of controversy does no harm.

All true enough, however the response to him seems overwhelmingly negative. At the very least it will be interesting to see if this lengthy persuit has been worth the effort!
What were you expecting? They loved him until he made it blatantly obvious he wanted out to join us, then he became public enemy #1, as you’d expect.

Supporters on a forum have negative views on a manager that stuck 2 fingers up to them. I’m in shock!

I just hope with all hope that he does well.

I am in the same underwhelmed place I was with Martinez, Koeman, and the even more underwhelming Allardyce, when they were appointed.

I hope he can produce the goods early and often to build a bit of leeway when the team inevitably has a poor performance. I think expectations are at a very low point for him, so I suppose he has that going for him.

Let's just see some actual football with our players giving it all and I can get behind that.

I just hope with all hope that he does well.

I am in the same underwhelmed place I was with Martinez, Koeman, and the even more underwhelming Allardyce, when they were appointed.

I hope he can produce the goods early and often to build a bit of leeway when the team inevitably has a poor performance. I think expectations are at a very low point for him, so I suppose he has that going for him.

Let's just see some actual football with our players giving it all and I can get behind that.

..the Brands appointment also has to be a factor. Fingers crossed the partnership is a success.

What Silva did at Hull was verging on the miraculous. They were all but gone when he came in and he came agonisingly close to keeping them up. He also got them to a major semi-final.

He’s done well at every club he’s ever been at, unlike many of the other bookies’ favourites such as Moyes and Ranieri. Even Watford were still top 10 when Silva was sacked.

Trying not to be too pedantic here, but they were already in that semi final when he came in.

Having slept on it, I'm a bit more optimistic. I mean what did we actually expect? We aren't world beaters yet and the biggest names can't just be lured by money alone. Look how long it took the likes of Man City to get Guardiola. We are, like it or not, in a transitional period. We can't be expected to win tournaments just like that, because no team can transform from mediocre to great overnight. Either this new sugar daddy deal works or it doesn't, but we can't expect a top, top name to come here...not yet.

Having slept on it, I'm a bit more optimistic. I mean what did we actually expect? We aren't world beaters yet and the biggest names can't just be lured by money alone. Look how long it took the likes of Man City to get Guardiola. We are, like it or not, in a transitional period. We can't be expected to win tournaments just like that, because no team can transform from mediocre to great overnight. Either this new sugar daddy deal works or it doesn't, but we can't expect a top, top name to come here...not yet.
Good post, I think some fans need to be realistic, we are the best of the rest and that’s it, every man and his dog come the start of the season will have us down for 7th place finish.

So we need to be patient and hope with silvas appointment and brands we can find some new talent and get us playing again and competing

I hope that he does well. And if he does do well, he does well the season after. Would love to see signs of progression and growth over time instead of doing well one year and being in a quasi-crisis the next

I'm always saying any manager is a risk, so it's time just to get on board and see where the ride takes us, hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised In Marcel and Marco we trust and all that jazz. It can't be any more tedious than last season can it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back